Whyte offer rejected rumour - denied by Johnston

When one man controls over 90% of the shares, there's little they could do.

Is there not always some option available to people if the club has indeed faced administration and is being effectively run by the bank as we've been lead to believe for a while now? Not to mention the fact that SDM has been keen to sell for a while. I know there's a really fractured support, but I just think if someone was determined enough to do something about it they'd have found a way to unite the support and force the issue a bit.

I guess its also a shame if there have been people with the financial means and/or contacts to do something constructive to save our club but have let egos get in the way of doing it.

Well exactly BD. Although I'm not sure I'd trust all of them over SDM given some of the rumours and leaks we've seen. So hard to say with any sort of conviction as its been a real shambles.

Would Rangers be better off though if it wasn't LBG we owed the money too in terms of further cuts to the wage bill over the summer?

One of the things that worries me about people saying they would make more money available for players is would we end up with an inflated wage bill again and be back in the same situation in a few years time?

Moving from LBG to someone else may help short term, but I see little benefit in the medium term. I'd probably prefer some UK bank that may feel obliged to answer concerns very occasionally than some faceless offshore company or a foreign bank who don't give a shit as to how they are perceived in the UK/Scotland.

I've raised the additional finance question numerous times. If it's not a gift then it will need to be repaid at some point and there's been no suggestion as to how the cash was going to be made available.

I presume that you mean "from an offshore company"?

So you are saying that Whyte never had any intention of clearing the debt, and therefore presumably he was misleading the support?

Did we not think this was the case all along? I'm sure the wording I read from "sources" was that the debt to Lloyds would be cleared therefore taking the immediate pressure off, but I assumed the debt was just being refinanced on more agreeable terms somewhere else.

Until the support are in an informed position to form an opinion on what is the more suitable way forward, we are in the dark.

At the moment I cannot see how being debt free, with a new owner and new ideas, can be worse than the status quo and our failed board of directors. (if we are indeed to be truly debt free.......)

Edited by Frank Hovis

What a bloody soap opera!

Why is all this coming out now?

Why is Murray all of a sudden interested in buying us via a share issue when he's had plenty of time to carry it out?

I can see Whyte forcing the issue, he must be fuming.

Not surprised the committee/board has taken this action. However not sure what is going on, not really impressed mind you as I want this to end. Couldn't Whyte just buy D. Murray's shares and then he would have control and then sort out the bank issue later?

I am also annoyed that these people on the board sit doing nothing for years and before something happens they decide to pipe up and say something, rather suspicious. I'm unsure about Whyte though as well.

If SDM has agreed to sell to CW what has that got to do with the current board?,and how can they then go against the wishes of the current owner?.

Did he not set up the committee? So in a way he is contradicting himself unless he makes the ultimate decision?

If SDM has agreed to sell to CW what has that got to do with the current board?,and how can they then go against the wishes of the current owner?.

Nothing and they cant do anything.

Sorry just dont and cant beleive the op, nothing against him but we have heard so much BH over this i', not about to beleive a poster on an internet forum.

Amazing how people in the know only come out with stuff after other things have been said in the papers.

Did he not set up the committee? So in a way he is contradicting himself unless he makes the ultimate decision?

FFS,here's me trying to simplify it for my own sake and it just keeps getting more complicated:meh: