Whyte offer rejected rumour - denied by Johnston

I just wanted to make this point.

I have no idea if Whyte has the money or is the man to take over at Rangers, but i know one thing i would and dont trust anybody that currently works at Rangers. Thats just a personal view and lets just hope something happens soon but i have said before i would be very surprised if anything happens before the end of the season.

Yes it is really strange and the only reasoning I can think of is Murray thinks: Rangers= MIH thus debt is for MIH. If Smith buys over Rangers then he also buys over any debt thrown up. Something not right somewhere.

Or just those from a desperate man

Maybe, but given his business experience and the dealings I've had with him (albeit many years ago) it's not a trait that I'd instantly pin on him, but pressure can make people react in different ways.

If Smith buys over Rangers then he also buys over any debt thrown up. Something not right somewhere.

I assume you mean "Smith" as in "Whyte" or John Doe, not Smith as in Walter Smith unless he's been saving all his pennies over the years. :surprised:

I believe this has more to do with the "independents" keeping their blazers and ties than it is to do with Whyte's takeover attempt. They are getting desperate because I think they know that their actions are being noted and they will have to account for them in the not too distant future. Why is Paul Murray's salvation plan only now being proposed? Why not a couple of years ago when we were in trouble? Where were his backers (Dougie Park, anyone?) then? This whole scenario stinks of desperation.

I assume you mean "Smith" as in "Whyte" or John Doe, not Smith as in Walter Smith unless he's been saving all his pennies over the years. :surprised:

:thup:

Ah you spotted the intentional mistake,;):smile:

I take your point absolutely, but the information about the deal being closed on April 18th was accurate at the time as I believe was proven by comments from CW, LBG and SDM. Equally I believe the information I have posted on this thread is accurate and whilst Johnston is not saying that they have rejected the offer equally they are making it abundantly clear that they are not prepared to recommend it as it stands.

In both cases, however, the events moved very fast so what might have been an accurate statement of the position one minute might be quickly superceeded by moves from the other interested parties e.g. Paul Murray, and of course they are all spinning and briefing against each other.

So yes we should all be cautious, most of all those who post new threads, but I stand by the information, which was indeed well-founded and not idle speculation.

I'm not actually much exercised either way but I think your information is accurate if you turn out to be right and not accurate if you don't. Qualifications that try to place it somewhere in between are essentially pointless. personally, I'd be so concerned about being wrong on a subject so important to so many people that I'd find it difficult to promote an outcome that hadn't already presented itself.

I'm not actually much exercised either way but I think your information is accurate if you turn out to be right and not accurate if you don't. Qualifications that try to place it somewhere in between are essentially pointless. personally, I'd be so concerned about being wrong on a subject so important to so many people that I'd find it difficult to promote an outcome that hadn't already presented itself.

Disagree MF without all the pockets of information we would never have had heard of Whyte or known anything. I think it is essential people keep giving information whether it being 100% spot on or not. How often have you heard the police say we want all information no matter how small you think it is. Somewhere in a mass of information lies the truth.

Disagree MF without all the pockets of information we would never have had heard of Whyte or known anything. I think it is essential people keep giving information whether it being 100% spot on or not. How often have you heard the police say we want all information no matter how small you think it is. Somewhere in a mass of information lies the truth.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but for all the rumour and counter rumour you still have no idea what that truth might be. Neither do you have any idea which rumours are genuinely held and which are extensions of feeble egos. Other than filling forum pages, what value that all presents escapes me.