Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I hope the something else is away from Ibrox. I really don't want another season of his misery at being 'stuck at Ibrox' and consequent average displays.

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist has admitted he would love to bring Kyle Bartley back to Ibrox next season.

Arsenal are prepared to sell their reserve team skipper and McCoist has confirmed he is keen to bring Bartley back, even if it is only on loan again.

Bartley had a successful spell at Ibrox last term before a knee injury cut his season short, but McCoist saw enough then and is ready to make contact with the Gunners over a new deal.

McCoist said: “Kyle Bartley is definitely a player I would love to bring back to Rangers.

“He did really well for us last season before the injury and there is no doubt he is quality.

“I haven’t spoken to Arsenal about him yet and I will need to speak to Arsene Wenger or Pat Rice to find out their feelings on Kyle.

“Certainly if we were told Kyle was available then it would be a deal I would love to try and do, although I know there will be quite a lot of interest in him.”

Rangers had a string of players on loan last season although Bartley looks the most likely to return to the SPL champions.

El Hadji Diouf, Vladimir Weiss and David Healy won’t be returning and the Ibrox outfit are unwilling to meet Aberdeen’s Ã?£250,000 valuation for Ricky Foster.

McCoist has been all over Europe scouting this week and will take in further games this weekend.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/250520/Coisty-wants-Bartley-backCoisty-wants-Bartley-back#ixzz1OAJuo6GW

Also Frings being linked in the sun.

That article says that Healy won't be returning but there's rumours that he's been made an offer to stay.

�£250k sounds like a good price for Foster given that he'd be cover for both full back positions.

Obviously Bartley would be a very good signing if it happens.

RANGERS have been offered the chance to sign German World Cup ace Torsten Frings.

The midfielder, 34, is looking for a new club after being told that he can leave Werder Bremen, although he has an offer to join their coaching staff.

But Frings wants to look at options which would let him play on and SunSport can reveal he's offered his services to Gers.

Boss Ally McCoist is considering him as an option.

He wants to add experience to his midfield and Frings had a magnificent career at the top level. He made 70 international appearances - playing in the World Cup in 2002 and 2006.

He's nearing the end of his career but it would be seen as a major coup for McCoist if he could lure him to Ibrox this summer.

Meanwhile, Gers target David Vaughan has opened talks with West Brom.

The Welsh international midfielder has been looked at by McCoist for a Bosman switch to Ibrox.

The 28-year-old has held talks with the SPL champs as well as Sunderland after his Blackpool contract expired.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3616175/Frings-benefit.html#ixzz1OBnw5wVx

HE'S a Samba stopper... Brazilian born and bred.

But Rangers target Emilson Sanchez Cribari has been given the highest praise possible by former Ibrox skipper Lorenzo Amoruso.

He defends like an ITALIAN.

Cribari, 31, has been offered to Ally McCoist and is under serious consideration by the new Gers boss and coaches Kenny McDowall and Ian Durrant.

As SunSport exclusively revealed yesterday, the Napoli centre-half is available for free.

Scottish football has not been the greatest platform for the boys from Brazil.

Celtic had dud defender Rafael Scheidt with Juninho also flopping.

But Amoruso has high hopes that former Empoli, Udinese and Lazio stopper Cribari will be an Ibrox hit if he lands a move.

He told SunSport: "I like Cribari, he is a good defender.

"He moved to Napoli last year and didn't play too often, not as much as he'd have liked.

"The team did so well last season that it was difficult for him but that was not his fault.

"He didn't get a proper chance to be fair to him, but he is a decent player.

"He is Brazilian but more like a typical Italian centre-half really. Cribari has been in my country for so long now.

"He has learned how to be totally focused and concentrate on defending 100 per cent.

"Brazilian defenders tend to want to go forward, show everyone they can play football and that can create problems for themselves.

"But Cribari isn't like that. Because he has played so long in Italy he is very good tactically and could do a job for Rangers, absolutely no doubt about it.

"Cribari is also at a good age, in his early 30s, and good enough to go to Scotland and be one of the top players.

"He is quite hard as a defender so I don't think the SPL would be a problem to him.

"Rangers fans might not know the name right now - but they shouldn't worry about that. He is a player with enough experience."

Cribari has been told he can quit Napoli after becoming a bit-part player for them last season.

He played just nine games in Serie A with five other appearances in the Copa Italia and Europa League. But Amoruso insists that could now make him more determined than ever to get his career back on track - and is convinced his time with Lazio could prepare him for life in Glasgow.

Amoruso added: "He has played for Lazio in the past and even though they have not been doing great he's still been one of their best players.

"It would also have been demanding for him at Lazio.

"They are a huge club in Rome and there is a lot expected of their players, just like Rangers. He would need to look at the move like a big challenge.

"Everyone knows it's not easy to play in Scotland, but if he goes there in the right frame of mind then that would be important.

"That will be the important thing if Rangers sign him."

Cribari might not be totally convinced by the SPL.

But big Amo won't have a bad word said about the league where he had the best six years of his career.

He added: "Scottish football is still a good league.

"Remember, in the last few years both Celtic and Rangers have reached the UEFA Cup final.

"Okay, I understand there aren't the top class players there from a few years ago, but it's changing again.

"For players looking to go there it's all about what they want to achieve in their careers.

"I went there because it was one of the biggest clubs in Europe and I could play in the Champions League. It offered me a chance to change my way of life and culture - on and off the football pitch. That's the way players must look at it.

"I have no regrets about moving to Scotland - none at all - and that's because I embraced everything about the country.

"I think that's important for all players going to a new country.

"Of course, every player would like to play at the highest level, in the best league with the best players.

"But not everyone can do that and Scotland is a good level."

Amo also has high hopes for old pal McCoist as he embarks on the biggest challenge of his football career.

He added: "Ally is clever, very clever.

"He has worked with top managers throughout his career and will have learned from them.

"He also has good people around him and that will help.

"I just hope he is given enough money to spend.

"I know what's happening at Rangers, I know there are a lot of players who are looking for longer contracts.

"It's important Coisty keeps these players and is also allowed to sign new guys.

"It's a difficult job he has at Ibrox and that's why it's important they look everywhere for players.

"The fact they are interested in Cribari shows that they are working hard behind the scenes.

"Ian Durrant and John Brown are good guys who will be doing everything they can for the good of the club.

"It's obviously been a difficult time for Rangers.

"But despite all the problems it's not stopped the manager, the coaches and the players from winning.

"That's the most important thing. The fans must now be behind the team more than ever because of everything that's happened.

"They are united together and as passionate for the club as they ever have been.

"The Rangers family is strong and I really believe they are through the worst."

I find it quite strange that one day the reprters write that Vaughan is interested, but all talks are being done by his agent. And the next day "he's talked to" Rangers. IMHO, this is all set and match here, as the agent will get his player (and himself) the most lucrative (monetary) contract and this will most likely be not ours, as long as EPL teams are involved.

I find it quite strange that one day the reprters write that Vaughan is interested, but all talks are being done by his agent. And the next day "he's talked to" Rangers. IMHO, this is all set and match here, as the agent will get his player (and himself) the most lucrative (monetary) contract and this will most likely be not ours, as long as EPL teams are involved.

Without doubt IMO,if it's a choice between Rangers{SPL} and the EPL then the player is always going to choose the money.The SPL is not an attractive option for most players

I see Spurs have signed Friedel, so maybe there is something in the story about Villa being interested in McGregor.

they don't even have a manager just now so it's probably paper talk as usual. He wants to stay and I hope he gets signed up long term.

I see Spurs have signed Friedel, so maybe there is something in the story about Villa being interested in McGregor.

Villa will have to appoint a manager first. Reports suggest it will not be Mark Hughes and could be Shteve McLaren or Martin Jol.