Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Guest Dutchy

If he's signed, when did he sign and why has there not been any annoucement from Rangers.

All these players we're being connected with is beginning to get too overwhelming. Exactly how many of them we actually get and to what quality they will be at is another, almost unanswerable question. I think I'll just get myself excited when they've put pen ot paper.

Guest Dutchy

Well that's what I was thinking, but Bears claims he has, as the link he posted suggests, but I can't read German, so I don't know if they're talking about interest, which we have, or a done deal, which I question.

Babel Fish translation of the page Bears posted a link to -

Rabiu Afolabi hires with the Glasgow Rangers on 22.07.2011 - 08:57 Salzburg defender Rabiu Afolabi found a new association. The 31-J�¤hrige hires in Scotland with the Glasgow Rangers on. Afolabi lands with the tradition club Glasgow Rangers�© GEPAAfolabi lands with the tradition club Glasgow Ranger The former Salzburg defender Rabiu Afolabi found a new association. The 31-J�¤hrige hires in Scotland with the Glasgow Rangers on. After two years in the Mozart city the contract of the Nigerian-Belgian dual citizen was not any longer extended. From 2003 to 2005 Afolabi for the Austria.W�¤hrend Joaquin Boghossian played in all probability to South America will return, the two Brazilian test pilots Jefferson and Alex of RB Brasil was announced.

Edited by Zappa

Well that's what I was thinking, but Bears claims he has, as the link he posted suggests, but I can't read German, so I don't know if they're talking about interest, which we have, or a done deal, which I question.

I didn’t say he’s signed. I told you what the translation said. Big difference

Another Austrian article - http://sport10.at/home/fussball/international/680135/Afolabi-folgt-Nikica-Jelavic

afolabi_folgt_jelavic_glasgow_afol20110722114124.jpg

Google translation -

Afolabi follows Jelavic to Glasgow Rangers

Ex-Red Bull defender Rabiu Afolabi recruited by the Rangers. The Nigerian is so new teammate Nikica Jelavic, with whom he delivered himself earlier in the Bundesliga fierce duels.

INTERNATIONAL | 22.07.2011 | 11:39 | JOHN KARNER

Rabiu Afolabi against Nikica Jelavic : So one of the hottest duels of recent years was in the Austrian Bundesliga. Every time Red Bull Salzburg and Rapid Vienna clashed provided, the Nigerian central defender and scorer for the Croatian highlights.

About a year ago Jelavic was committed in a million transfer from Rangers, it now also attracts Afolabi on the "island". The 31-year-old, in the summer in Salzburg was not given a new contract and has played from 2003 to 2005 for Austria Vienna, signed a new contract with Scottish double winners.

Too weak for Salzburg, good enough for Rangers

Afolabi completed a total of 122 games in the Bundesliga and has scored five times in the 2009/10 season he scored two goals in direct duels against Rapid (once a 1-0 win, even at 1-1 draw) and was significantly the title of Red Bull involved.

The central defender is on 18 international caps for Nigeria, he was twice at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa use. In summer, the Mozart city dwellers could not agree on a contract extension with Afolabi. For the Rangers defender but still seems to be good enough.

Eintracht Frankfurt will also have been interested in Afolabi, due to high salary expectations of the Nigerian should a change to the club by Jimmy Hoffer and Ã?Å?mit Korkmaz have smashed though.

Duel with Sturm Graz in the CL Qualifiers?

In the next few weeks could occur for both Jelavic, and Afolabi for a reunion with an Austrian club. Sturm Graz and the Rangers packing the hurdles Sestaponi (GEO) and Malm�¶ FF (SWE) in the third qualifying round of the Champions League, it could come in play-off for direct duel.

The two ex-league kicker could be - if only for a short time - again show their skills on Austrian turf.