Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Guest Dutchy
I didn’t say he’s signed. I told you what the translation said. Big difference

I didn't mean to say that it was your words, just that you pointed it our. I'm sorry if you think I was making you out to be some sort of idiot, or so. It was just a case of bad semantics, and when you consider German translations, it's an easy one to make.

No malice intended.

Austrian media say Afolabi has signed for Rangers.

We would have heard about it if he had signed. I think the Austrian media must be jumping the gun!

Personally of the 4 defenders we have been linked with Afolabi is 4th choice with me, he is the cheapest. Juhasz is my 2nd choice (most of expensive of the 3 excluding Cuellar), Goian is 3rd and Cuellar is 1st.

I didn't mean to say that it was your words, just that you pointed it our. I'm sorry if you think I was making you out to be some sort of idiot, or so. It was just a case of bad semantics, and when you consider German translations, it's an easy one to make.

No malice intended.

Not at all mate, things were lost in cyber world.

I’m gonna shave my cat as punishment :P

Arsenal’s pre-season preparations stepped up a gear today when they travelled to Germany ahead of tomorrow’s pre-season friendly with Cologne and subsequent training camp, but, once again, Kyle Bartley was not amongst the contingent who made the trip.

The 20 year old centre-back has played twice for the Reserves this pre-season after recovering from an injury suffered during his fruitful loan spell with Rangers last season, but, despite training with the first-team earlier this month, has struggled to force his way into Arsene Wenger’s plans and the likelihood is that he will find himself loaned out again.

wonder if the big chap is still an option.

Here's the full aricle:

Arsenal’s pre-season preparations stepped up a gear today when they travelled to Germany ahead of tomorrow’s pre-season friendly with Cologne and subsequent training camp, but, once again, Kyle Bartley was not amongst the contingent who made the trip.

The 20 year old centre-back has played twice for the Reserves this pre-season after recovering from an injury suffered during his fruitful loan spell with Rangers last season, but, despite training with the first-team earlier this month, has struggled to force his way into Arsene Wenger’s plans and the likelihood is that he will find himself loaned out again.

Bartley’s chances of breaking into the Arsenal set-up are hampered somewhat by the fact that he has four relatively experienced centre-backs in front of him in Thomas Vermaelen, Laurent Koscielny, Johan Djourou and Sebastien Squillaci. The latter would appear the most vulnerable of that quartet with regards to possibly opening a door for Bartley but it is somewhat unlikely that Wenger will dispose of the former Sevilla man after just one season at the club. The other three are established members of the first-team squad and the fact that Bartley has been unable to dislodge any of them so far this pre-season does not bode particularly well for the campaign ahead.

There is a still a chance that he may feature at the Emirates Cup but, in truth, it seems that Bartley is relying on an injury or cataclysmic drop in form from one of the aforementioned quartet if he is to muscle his way into the first-team reckoning.

Another player somewhat isolated from the first-team so far this pre-season is Jay Emmanuel-Thomas. The gangly youngster, also 20, has impressed for the Reserves in their two friendlies so far and is due to line up against Stevenage tomorrow amid speculation that the club are willing to sell him for �£1million and reported interest from Ipswich Town. Although it is currently unclear whether such reports are true, it does seem that Emmanuel-Thomas had drifted away from the first-team picture somewhat, possibly owing to his loan spell at Cardiff last season where, despite impressing in patches, he failed to perform on a consistent basis.

He remains one of the most interesting prospects at the club but it is likely that a concrete decision on Emmanuel-Thomas’ Arsenal future will be made by the end of the season and, possibly by the end of next month. He appears to have been overtaken by Ryo Miyaichi with regards to the first-team reckoning and, despite the immense promise he displayed during his Reserve and youth team days at Arsenal, including that magic spell at the beginning of last season, this appears to be a decisive period with regards to his long-term future at the club.

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2011/07/22/bartley-and-e-thomas-left-isolated-as-first-team-continue-pre-season-preparations/

RANGERS last night made a �£500,000 swoop to snap up Palermo defender Dorin Goian.

Ibrox boss Ally McCoist wants to seal the deal before Tuesday's Champions League clash with Malmo.

McCoist is allowed to register ONE more player before 5pm on Monday - and Goian is the man he wants.

The 30-year-old Romanian stopper - who stands at 6ft 5in tall - cost the Italian club �£2million in 2009.

But Gers believe they can snatch him for much less than that amount with Palermo weighing up the offer last night.

McCoist admits he's desperate to stiffen his defence ahead of the Euro qualifier.

He said: "We're hopefully going to progress the lad from Palermo.

"Hopefully we can take that a stage further.

"There's a bit of work before a deal can be done, but there are four or five players in the pot bubbling over.

"I'm very hopeful we'll get something done.

"I think it has to be done by five o'clock on Monday - around 25 hours before kick-off - and I'm hopeful we'll do that."

Gers have not yet written off striking deals to bring defender Carlos Cuellar back to Ibrox or land Hungarian stopper Ronald Juhasz.

McCoist added: "Carlos' agent spoke to Andrew Dickson.

"There's no immediate panic on that one because effectively he can't play for four or five weeks anyway because of injury. We're keen, but other things are far more important at this stage."

McCoist could also make a second bid for St Johnstone midfielder Murray Davidson, having had an initial �£150,000 offer for the Scotland squad man knocked back on Thursday.

He added: "Our first bid for Davidson was rejected and it would be unfair to speak any more about that until the club has been back in touch with Geoff Brown or Derek McInnes.

"That's where we are at that one.

"We'll be pushing forward on four or five fronts."

McCoist - who signed Lee Wallace from Hearts earlier this week - admits he's happier now he's starting to get players in he wants.

He added: "It has been very, very hectic. And it is still going to be hectic, because there is still a lot of work to be done in that particular department. But we'll get there.

"I'm still looking to get more bodies in.

"I've said it often, the boys we've got give us everything, and they are a fantastic group of players, but we've said to them that we are going to give them a helping hand by getting a few bodies in.

"But there are a number of factors that haven't helped us at all.

"First, the timing of the start of the season."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3710644/Ally-McCoist-makes-Goian-swoop.html#ixzz1SsTT1nKH

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist remains hopeful of completing one more signing in time for next week's Champions League opener against Malmo as he steps up his pursuit of a variety of transfer targets.

Having secured the �£1.5 million capture of Lee Wallace from Hearts ahead of Thursday night's 11pm deadline to register his squad for Tuesday's third qualifying round, first leg fixture against the Swedish champions at Ibrox, McCoist is keen to add the 'wild card' signing which is allowed by 11pm the night before the match by Uefa regulations.

Alejandro Bedoya, the 24-year-old USA international winger who has signed a pre-contract agreement to join Rangers in January, could be the player concerned if Rangers can reach an agreement with his Swedish club Orebro to allow him to move now.

"The logistics would tell you that is a possibility," said McCoist. "I'm very hopeful we will get something done by the deadline on Monday. If it is Alejandro, that would be fantastic. I'd love to take him at the moment but it is out of our hands. It is down to Orebro."

The arrival of Wallace, set to make his debut against former club Hearts as Rangers begin their defence of the SPL title at Ibrox today, was a source of both delight and relief for McCoist during a close season which has seen a series of other moves for new players fail or falter.

Declaring himself "100 per cent happy" with the backing he has received in the transfer market from the club's new owner and chairman Craig Whyte, McCoist will continue his efforts to strengthen his squad.

He confirmed his interest in a trio of central defenders linked with Rangers in the past week. Dorin Goian, a 30-year-old Romanian international currently with Palermo, appears to be near the top of McCoist's wish-list. He is also looking at Anderlecht's 28-year-old Hungarian international Roland Juhasz and the 31-year-old Nigerian international Rabiu Afolabi who is a free agent. "We are hopefully going to progress things with Goian," said McCoist. "We have not put a firm bid in for him yet but hopefully we can take that a stage further. There is a bit of work to do before any deals can be done, but there are four or five players in the pot bubbling over at the moment. We will pushing forward on several fronts."

Carlos Cuellar, still considering a return to Rangers after a bid of �£2 million was accepted by Aston Villa last week, remains a firm target for McCoist who is also likely to reinforce his interest in St Johnstone midfielder Murray Davidson after having an initial �£150,000 offer contemptuously dismissed by the Perth club's chairman Geoff Brown on Thursday.

"The club have spoken to Carlos' agent again but there is no immediate panic on that one," said McCoist. "Carlos is recovering from injury and can't play for four or five weeks anyway. We are keen to get him but other things are far more important at this stage. The bid for Murray Davidson has been rejected and it would be unfair of me to speak any more about that until the club has been back in touch with Geoff Brown or Derek McInnes. That's where we are on that one."

McCoist seemed unperturbed by Rangers' failure to bring Kenny Miller back to the club, the Scotland striker moving to Cardiff City instead after Bursaspor booted out a �£400,000 offer from the Scottish champions.

"I don't think it would have made any sense for Rangers to pay more for Kenny than we received for him in January," said McCoist.

McCoist also defended the fee paid to Hearts for Wallace, Rangers having started the bidding at just �£300,000 last month. "We couldn't win on that one," he said. "If we hadn't got Lee, everyone would have accused us of being skinflints. Now we've paid the money for him, people say it's over the odds.

"There is nothing Lee can do about that but we are just delighted to have him."

http://sport.scotsman.com/rangersfc/Ally-McCoist-still-hopeful-of.6806193.jp?articlepage=1

ALLY McCOIST has pledged to pluck at least one wildcard from five aces up his sleeve ahead of Monday’s Euro signing deadline.

Rangers boss McCoist has vowed to land another signing by 5pm on Monday – the cut-off point for anyone to face Malmo 24 hours later at Ibrox in a vital Champions League qualifier.

McCoist has confirmed that a second offer for St Johnstone’s Murray Davidson is in the pipeline after a Ã?£150,000 bid was laughed off by the Perth club.

Rangers also confirmed Express Sport’s story that a Ã?£450,000 move for Palermo’s Romanian defender, Dorin Goian, is on the go.

The Light Blues are also keen on Anderlecht stopper Roland Juhasz and have not given up hope that Orebro will back down and let American winger Alejandro Bedoya join up on an immediate deal rather than wait until January before he arrives on a Bosman.

Express Sport also understands that Nigerian defender Rabiu Afolabi – a free agent after leaving Red Bull Salzburg – has emerged as a fresh option for McCoist. It promises to be a frantic next few days with Rangers not ruling out making multiple signings – and then choosing which one player is best suited to be registered ahead of the Malmo clash.

�¬

Rangers boss Ally McCoist has vowed to land another signing by 5pm on Monday

�®

On a potential whirlwind of signings following a tortuous month of transfer failures, McCoist said: “It has been very, very hectic. And it is still going to be hectic, because there is still a lot of work to be done in that particular department. But we’ll get there.

“I’m still looking to get more bodies in. I’ve said it often, the boys we’ve got give us everything, and they are a fantastic group of players, but we’ve said to them that we are going to give them a helping hand.

“We’re hopefully going to progress the lad from Palermo. Hopefully, we can take that a stage further.

“There’s a bit of work before a deal can be done, but there are four or five players in the pot bubbling over.

“We’ve not yet put a firm bid in for Goian, but we might.

“The bid for Murray Davidson has been rejected and it would be unfair to speak any more about that until the club has been back in touch with Geoff Brown or Derek McInnes.

“I would love to take Bedoya at the moment, that would be fantastic, but that is out of our hands, to be honest with you.

“That is down to the Swedish club.

“I’m very hopeful we’ll get something done by five o’clock on Monday with at least one player, but I couldn’t say which one was more likely than any other to happen.”

Rangers’ director of football Gordon Smith admitted on Thursday that a deal for Carlos Cuellar had broken down.

McCoist is now just praying that Cuellar comes back to the Ibrox club in the weeks ahead to resurrect the move from Aston Villa.

The manager said: “There’s no immediate panic on that one because effectively he can’t play for four or five weeks anyway because of injury. We’re keen, but other things are far more important at this stage.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/260610/Ally-McCoist-out-to-land-Rangers-a-big-one