Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Andrews was hugely popular amongst the fans. Certainly a cult hero for most bears I know. Got a big welcome when he did the half-time draw recently, as well as when he warmed up for Hamilton last season. :confused:

Cult hero. Yes. He wasn't a popular player though. Because he wasn't very good.

Cult hero. Yes. He wasn't a popular player though. Because he wasn't very good.

Totally disagree, he was a good player and done very well for us and the majority of Gers fans I know have the same view. I'm sure he won the Rangers Player of the Year award in his first season with us, not bad for someone you say wasn't very good. Keep Believing............

Totally disagree, he was a good player and done very well for us and the majority of Gers fans I know have the same view. I'm sure he won the Rangers Player of the Year award in his first season with us, not bad for someone you say wasn't very good. Keep Believing............

He did better than expected, but then so did Broadfoot a couple of seasons ago. Andrews was a cult figure who most groaned at when they saw him in the lineup.

But because of the whole keep believing thing, and the fact we won the treble (I think it was), he's gone down in history as a lot better than he was.

That's what nostalgia does - scrapes away the negative parts and leaves you wistfully remembering what you want to remember.

Marv was at times exceptional for us. He was a colossus in defence and had a personality of a similar stature. He gave everything for the cause and had decent pace. Less effective defenders have garnered more praise. Just don't let him pass the ball more than ten yards.

Orebro midfielder Alejandro Bedoya is in Glasgow for signing talks with Rangers, STV has learned.

The American was subject to an offer earlier this week from the SPL side, which was rejected by the Swedish club. But Bedoya has travelled to Scotland for talks and, although he could agree a pre-contract to join in January, Rangers haven't ruled out a move to sign him immediately.

Speaking on Thursday, Rangers' director of football Gordon Smith confirmed their talks with the player. "We are hoping to get him on a pre-contract," Smith told STV. "We are in discussions about that.

"It would be to start in January but if we were to sign him now, we would have to agree a fee with his club. That's under discussion as well."

At international level, Bedoya got his big break at this summer’s Gold Cup when he was drafted in late to the USA team. The New Jersey born player has scored nine goals in 62 appearances for Orebro since signing in 2009.

The midfielder was a member of the United States' squad for the Gold Cup in June, making five appearances as Bob Bradley's side reached the final before losing 4-2 to Mexico.

The creative midfielder was also in the preliminary 30-man US squad for the 2010 World Cup but was cut from the final 23-man selection.

Bedoya, who has been in Sweden since 2009, has 13 caps for the United States’ national team and is out of contract at the end of the Swedish season in December.

Patrick Mork, the player’s agent, said he believed Bedoya would fit in well in Scotland. “Alejandro Bedoya plays with lots of guts and character," he told STV. "When you see him play you think British football.

“He is a very hard working player, an up and down the midfield player. He can play central or right midfield and also on the right wing.”

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/263260-alejandro-bedoya-poised-to-sign-for-rangers/

He did better than expected, but then so did Broadfoot a couple of seasons ago. Andrews was a cult figure who most groaned at when they saw him in the lineup.

But because of the whole keep believing thing, and the fact we won the treble (I think it was), he's gone down in history as a lot better than he was.

That's what nostalgia does - scrapes away the negative parts and leaves you wistfully remembering what you want to remember.

Again totally disagree with most of what you say but it's all about opinions. He was IMO a good player for us and did his job well which was defend well, we never conceded that many his first season so he must've been doing something right for a not so good player . He played a big part in helping us win the SPL, he played most of the games that season and scored a few goals as well.

In Glasgow n just agreed to terms w/ Rangers! Crossing fingers Work Permit goes through! Thanks for the support! #Blessed

From his twitter.

The fact they are trying for a work permit now says to me we want him to sign ASAP