Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Why are we paying this much for a mediocre SPL player when we wouldn't go higher than 400k for Miller or Rodriguez?

As for Davidson, oh joy, a St Johnstone player.

We're aiming high.

We do need an nemesis for calscot. I reckon the friction between your two antithetical poles of perspective could replace oil in energy generation! :D

I'll leave Calscot alone. I'm too nice a guy to begin a war with optimists.

Why are we paying this much for a mediocre SPL player when we wouldn't go higher than 400k for Miller or Rodriguez?

We're aiming high.

Cheaper wages, sell-on value, experience of the league. We've bought plenty gems from lower level Scottish clubs. :)

We're aiming high.

We once signed a player from Raith Rovers, you know.

Bobby Russell joined from Shettleston Juniors and helped secure the treble in his first season IIRC.

OK, the game has changed a bit since the late 70s but players can develop and improve after moving on from 'smaller' teams.

Indeed, but the game, as Frankie alludes to, has changed.

The SPL is quite abysmal these days. Scottish football used to be a lot better.

Nacho Novo came from Dundee after a spell at Raith just one of a few recent examples of players who can make step up

Marvin Andrews is another might not have been the signings every fan craved but both had good successful spells with us.