Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Never paid much attention to Davidson. What's his strengths and weaknesses then. Stood out to anyone here when we've played them or does anyone here go to their games if there's not game at Ibrox?

Strong in the tackle and dominant in the air with good engine...

I reckon he'll be another jack of all trades. Quite happy to sign him.

Nacho Novo came from Dundee after a spell at Raith just one of a few recent examples of players who can make step up

I wanted Novo. I canvassed for his signing well before he ever joined.

Marvin Andrews is another might not have been the signings every fan craved but both had good successful spells with us.

Andrews was a pretty poor player who kept within his limitations - he wasn't exactly a popular player tbh.

Andrews was hugely popular amongst the fans. Certainly a cult hero for most bears I know. Got a big welcome when he did the half-time draw recently, as well as when he warmed up for Hamilton last season. :confused:

I wanted Novo. I canvassed for his signing well before he ever joined.

Andrews was a pretty poor player who kept within his limitations - he wasn't exactly a popular player tbh.

I wanted Novo to sign as well mate but there would have been many at the time who would have said it was a lack of ambition at the time

Marvin was limited to say the least but IMO he still became a popular player and important part of that title winning team

again though mate just in my opinion and used just those two of examples of players who came from smaller clubs who went on to do a job for us.

Strong in the tackle and dominant in the air with good engine...

I reckon he'll be another jack of all trades. Quite happy to sign him.

A bit like Whittaker or maybe more Ian Murray then? Where is he likely to be playing? Surely wont be happy just to come and make up the numbers. Will he be competing with Ness and Hutton to play alongside Davis and McCulloch.

Will have to give him time in the blue jersey to get a feel for him myself, honestly cant remember how he's performed against us.

From the ET:

It now remains to be seen if any business is done before tonight’s deadline, with a Ã?£1.6m move for Anderlecht stopper Roland Juhasz still ongoing.

American midfielder Bedoya today expressed his desire to move to Ibrox. But he is out of contract at the end of November, and Rangers may move to sign him on a pre-contract agreement which would put pressure on his club, Swedish outfit Orebro, to accept an offer now.Bedoya said: “A move to Rangers would interest me. It is a big club. It would be nice if something could happen.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/gordon-smith-takes-aim-sfter-bursa-blast-1.1113348?localLinksEnabled=false&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Another bear down south asking why we're spending this money but not willing to go another 400k (ish) on Miller.

Part of the financial strategy under the new board that rbr amongst others has been praising? Decide our value on a player and refuse to exceed it? Or not spending significant money (for us anything over 500k) on a player who does not have sell on value?

It really is hard though to understand our transfer strategy this summer.

Edited by Super_Ally

Guest Dutchy

Our policy does appear to have some holes in it, but conversely, I'm also happy to see that we're not being taken a loan of.

I think Wallace is also a good signing. He's not only an ordinary SPL plaayer, he's also a Scotland international and I for one am happy that we're signing players at the beginning of their international careers, as opposed to seeling them.

Can't say much about Davidson, even though we beat them 4-0 at Ibrox near the end of last season, I'm sure I read in the reports of the game that he was one of their more prominent performers. I think we can be can be good for each other.

Mr Positive today, well the sun is shinniing here!

To be honest, I'm happy with the prudence we are showing. It may not be exciting or spectacular, but neither is selling our best players and not buying anyone for two years because we're suffering from overspending. I'm sure we'll reap the rewards in the long term with a good size squad of decent players on reasonable wages, and no overdraft.