Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Marv was at times exceptional for us. He was a colossus in defence and had a personality of a similar stature. He gave everything for the cause and had decent pace. Less effective defenders have garnered more praise. Just don't let him pass the ball more than ten yards.

Yeah, he was good defensively but when he passed the ball, it didn't really look like he kicked it, more like almost tripped over it...

Yeah, he was good defensively but when he passed the ball, it didn't really look like he kicked it, more like almost tripped over it...

Same could be said about Davie Weir. Why he's allowed to pass the ball out of defence is baffling. he should be told to make an easy pass and not the Hollywood pass he seems to think he can make.

Rangers have been linked with Nigerian international defender Rabiu Afolabi who is apparently available on a Bosman.

Does anybody know anything about this boy?

His nickname in Nigeria is Robocop because of his stiff movements. Full of agility then :D

Same could be said about Davie Weir. Why he's allowed to pass the ball out of defence is baffling. he should be told to make an easy pass and not the Hollywood pass he seems to think he can make.

The thing is,if you asked SDW he would probably agree with you about passing the ball out of defence,but the Hollywood pass that you refer to is only because there is nothing else on for him to pass to,so for me it's more to do with lack of options for him to pass to rather than him trying to produce a Hollywood pass.

P.S. Boogie is more liable to try the Hollwood pass than Weir

The thing is,if you asked SDW he would probably agree with you about passing the ball out of defence,but the Hollywood pass that you refer to is only because there is nothing else on for him to pass to,so for me it's more to do with lack of options for him to pass to rather than him trying to produce a Hollywood pass.

P.S. Boogie is more liable to try the Hollwood pass than Weir

You had to go and ruin it by bringing Boogie into it. ;)

I absolutely 100% agree with you re Weir. The lack of movement in our team last year from September to March was terrible and which probably forced Weir into making or attempting to make the killer pass. Weir should stick to the tried, tested and trusted method of "if in doubt kick it out!"

Boogie has the natural talent of trying the Hollywood pass and I have no problem with him doing it. Yip, sometimes it doesn't come off but he makes his fair share.

How very dare you speak of Davie Beckenbauer Weir that way.

How very dare you speak of Davie Beckenbauer Weir that way.

As far as I'm aware the Bayern fans don't call Mr Beckenbauer Sir Franz of Beckenbauer. He's nothing compared to Davie boy.

There is only one Sir David of Weir.

Rangers have been linked with Nigerian international defender Rabiu Afolabi who is apparently available on a Bosman.

This one is gathering pace as is the rumour about the Hungarian boy from Anderlecht.