Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Really? So he has already tied down McGregor, Davis, Papac and Whittaker on contracts which we would not have been able to do if the club never changed hands. He has spend �£1.5 Million on Wallace, 800k on Goian, 500k ish on Ortiz and we are still looking at bringing in 3-4 more players before the end of the month.

Yeah you're right he has spent no money at all ;)

You are not seriously suggesting they come under transfer funds, they are continuing running costs from club generated finance, but you already knew that. :thup:

You are not seriously suggesting they come under transfer funds, they are continuing running costs from club generated finance, but you already knew that. :thup:

No I'm not suggesting that but it's very clear you have very unrealistic expectations as to what Rangers should be doing when it comes to spending cash. It is almost as if you're expecting another David Murray when he first took over.

Latest transfer rumours on the ET site now:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/rangers-must-be-quick-for-goodwillie-1.1115148?localLinksEnabled=false&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Rangers will have no chance of hijacking David Goodwillie’s move to Blackburn unless they can strike a deal at the fifth time of asking.

The Ibrox club have already had four offers rejected by Dundee United for the striker, but were preparing to table yet another bid this morning.

It is understood talks between the two SPL clubs resumed first thing after Ally McCoist urged owner Craig Whyte to push the boat out.

SportTimes understands Goodwillie, despite the prospect of earning �£20,000-a-week at the English Premier League outfit, is still keen on a move to the SPL champions.

Gers were this morning still locked in talks with United chairman Stephen Thompson, but they have been told they must match the �£2.8million offer tabled by Blackburn for the 22-year-old.

United have accepted an initial offer of �£2m up front with a further �£800,000 in add-ons, and that is a figure Rangers had failed to match despite submitting two additional bids yesterday.

It has now reached the stage though where they are in serious danger of missing out on the player today if they don’t match that figure.

Meanwhile, Rangers were today back in talks with Anderlecht over Hungarian defender Roland Juhasz.

A bid of �£2.5m has already been rejected, but sources at the club hope an agreement can be struck at around �£3m for the 28-year-old.

Winger Wesley Verhoek also remains a live option. An improved offer of �£1.6m was tabled to Dutch side Den Haag over the weekend.

But nothing is likely to happen until later this week as Den Haag chairman Mark van der Kallen is on holiday.

Kyle Bartley played as a sub yesterday for Arsenal against New York Red Bulls in the Emirates tournament, but hopes to be given the green-light by boss Arsene Wenger to return to Rangers on loan very soon.

Funds look certain to come in to help these deals with the sale of Madjid Bougherra set to go through after the Malmo tie.

Qatar champions Lekhwiya claim they have now had a �£3m offer accepted by Rangers for the Algerian, who is into the final year of his contract.

They hope to have Bougherra in the Gulf state by the end of the week, but that will hinge on Rangers first of all successfully landing Juhasz or Bartley.

Lekhwiya’s sporting director, Billel Walid Al Hatmi, said: “We have reached agreement with Rangers, but still have a couple of minor details to sort out with Madjid.

“The transfer is not quite official, but it will be very soon.”

No I'm not suggesting that but it's very clear you have very unrealistic expectations as to what Rangers should be doing when it comes to spending cash. It is almost as if you're expecting another David Murray when he first took over.

I see it is unrealistic to expect the manager to be given the funds from a front ended transfer budget to land his number one target, maybe we just have different expectations.

How stupid are Smith and Whyte? If Blackburn have offered 2.8M, then that's the player's value. It was 2M, but we were too late. How we expect to get him by offering less than our rivals is beyond me.

How stupid are Smith and Whyte? If Blackburn have offered 2.8M, then that's the player's value. It was 2M, but we were too late. How we expect to get him by offering less than our rivals is beyond me.

How do we know it was less?

Perhaps Utd want more from another SPL team? Perhaps the add-ons were slightly different?

We just don't know but the fact Goodie still hasn't undergone a medical keeps our interest keen.

As I said it would be pointless matching Blackburn's bid as soon as a club have put in a bid over what selling club are wanting then that is now their set price. We have missed out on him imo, felt he could have added something but our bidding strategy is slightly questionable. Not so much when said case was still hanging over him. I don't get Blackburn bids either it, was it �£1.8m first? Dundee Utd wanted �£2m and they would have said yes, Blackburn then bid �£2.8m :confused:, priced us out of a move but we weren't really pushing the boat out either from what I have seen in the media...

I hope we have other targets and not put all our eggs in one basket can't be doing with another Beattie signing.

Someone on FF who appears to know Goodwillie personally said that there was an agreement when he signed his "long-term" deal despite the rape charge hanging over him that he would go to the biggest bidder as a "thank you".

Don't know if that adds anything, interesting though!

Someone on FF who appears to know Goodwillie personally said that there was an agreement when he signed his "long-term" deal despite the rape charge hanging over him that he would go to the biggest bidder as a "thank you".

Don't know if that adds anything, interesting though!

That's the story given out by Utd fans - no inside knowledge required.