Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Damn it, i wish we would just walk away from this now. I don't know what our last offer was but anything over 2 million is over the odds IMO.

We have other options and I don't see any sense in overpaying for this guy. I certainly hope the rumours of 20k a week salary are not true, this transfer saga has become tiresome and too costly in many ways

Any idea's how much we have offered now ?

I would like to see Goodwillie signed but getting fed up with the will he won't he scenario

We've supposedly matched Blackburn's offer. :D

Damn it, i wish we would just walk away from this now. I don't know what our last offer was but anything over 2 million is over the odds IMO.

We have other options and I don't see any sense in overpaying for this guy. I certainly hope the rumours of 20k a week salary are not true, this transfer saga has become tiresome and too costly in many ways

I agree. Lad is a good player but I'm disappointed in our lack of alternatives.

I agree. Lad is a good player but I'm disappointed in our lack of alternatives.

2.8 Million is too much for him. spread out or not, plus there is a principle involved, as I said in another thread, we should not pay more than we believe he is worth and less if we can get away with it. 2.8 million goes a long way if you shop in the right markets

Super Ally clearly wants him in and I'd happily take him

just makes you wonder though why we didnt just match their asking price i first place was always risk of some other club coming in for him.

Hopefully today we will see an end to this saga one way or the other

I'm all for getting a good deal, but lessons are to be learned from this deal, perhaps similar to the Wallace deal.

I mean, even amateurs on CM/FM know not to take the piss that much!!

The Dutch winger sounds promising, and Jamie Murphy has had good reviews at Motherwell. They might have been better alternatives. Ally must rate Goodwillie as the "Jelavic" of this window/season...

Rangers have equalled Blackburn Rovers� offer for striker David Goodwillie, as they try to convince the striker to remain in the Scottish Premier League.

Goodwillie is currently in Lancashire undergoing a medical with the English Premier League side, after Dundee United accepted a reported �£2.8 million offer for the 22-year-old.

Rangers have so far failed in five bids to land Goodwillie this summer and, at the 11th hour, have made another attempt to have an offer accepted by the Tannadice club.

When asked if Rangersââ?¬â?¢ bid matched Blackburnââ?¬â?¢s, McCoist replied: ââ?¬Å?As far as I'm aware, yes. Unfortunately I can't give you a lot of information, other than we have put in a new bid to Dundee United.

"We just have to wait and see in the next couple of hours what happens.

ââ?¬Å?We've all made no secret of the fact that David is a player we would love to see at Rangers. We believe that we have put a bid in that's more than acceptable.ââ?¬Â

It remains to be seen whether Rangers' new bid also matches Blackburn's planned payment structure for Goodwillie. The Scottish side's previous bids have fallen down because of a proposal to stagger payments of the fee over a number of years, while Blackburn are offering the majority up front.

No mention of the offer being accepted but rumour Goodwillie wants to speak to Rangers before making a decision.