Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

had Rangers made a decent offer in the first place instead of dragging the saga out over 4 bids we might have got the player.

But were used to not getting our player. Im not in the least bit surprised. And i doubt anyone else is.

had Rangers made a decent offer in the first place instead of dragging the saga out over 4 bids we might have got the player.

But were used to not getting our player. Im not in the least bit surprised. And i doubt anyone else is.

It sounds like Anderlecht got cold feet, and backed out. Maybe they didn't really expect Rangers to stump up the asking price, then panicked when they did.

For once, I don't think the blame is on this side!!!

Forest are crazy. If Den Haag wanted 2 mill then why would you overbid the asking price ? The only reason I can think of is that by offering more it means any other club that comes in and offers the original asking price (in this case 2 mill) then it will get rejected.

Maybe not as crazy as we think. 2.5 mill for a 24 yr old with the reputation he has could turn out to be a steal.

As I said, oh well. Even though I think that he was exactly what we were needing.

Blackburn done the same with Goodwillie. Asking price was �£2m they bid �£2m plus �£800k in add ons that weren't required. If you have the money and want the player it seems a quick way to make sure you get what you want.

Ally McCoist has suffered a major double blow as potential deals for prime summer targets Roland Juhasz and Wesley Verhoek collapsed.

Juhasz was left furious with Anderlecht when they rejected a Ã?£3million-plus offer from Rangers — despite the sum matching a release fee he thought had been agreed with his employers 12 months ago.

The player’s agent confirmed Juhasz would not now be moving to Ibrox and accused Anderlecht of attempting to ruin the Hungarian centre-back’s career.

The dramatic development came after Dutch winger Verhoek jetted into England for a medical at Nottingham Forest.

The Championship club outbid Rangers by agreeing a deal thought to be worth around �£2.5m with ADO Den Haag for the 24-year-old, pinpointed by McCoist as someone who could add pace and creativity to his midfield.

The twin setback extends the long list of targets that Rangers have missed out on this summer, but Juhasz’s agent Vladan Filipovic pointed the finger firmly at Anderlecht for the end of his client’s hopes of joining the SPL champions.

The Brussels club had indicated earlier that a deal to sell the 28-year-old was close, but Juhasz’s hopes were dashed hours later when they refused to sanction his sale.

An Ibrox source indicated to Sportsmail they were unlikely to raise the money on the table, with McCoist able to add just one ‘wildcard’ signing before the Europa League play-off against Maribor.

‘Unfortunately, Roland will not sign for Rangers,’ Filipovic told Hungarian newspaper Nemzeti Sport. ‘We are very disappointed in Anderlecht.

‘One year ago, we had a verbal deal with them that if a club paid a certain amount, then he would be free to leave. Rangers would pay this sum, but still Anderlecht did not let him go.

‘Scotland would have been a step forward for Roland.’

Juhasz has resigned himself to remaining at Anderlecht, saying: ‘I understand that Rangers made a fourth bid, but it still does not appeal to Anderlecht. I heard Rangers have offered more than twice as much as the first time.’

Verhoek, meanwhile, is expected to conclude his switch to the City Ground today after admitting he was flattered to be wanted by Forest boss Steve McClaren, who guided Twente Enschede to the Dutch league title.

Den Haag also muddied the waters by claiming there had been no second bid for the player from Rangers, despite McCoist stating last week that an improved offer had been submitted.

‘Wesley is in England because we are in agreement with Nottingham Forest,’ said spokeswoman Natalie Nuiten.

‘Rangers made an offer for him two or three weeks ago, but that was not near our valuation. There was no second bid from them.’

One player who does look set to move to Ibrox, pending a work permit, is Australian midfielder Matt McKay.

Can't he hand in a transfer request or would that just be a pointless exercise?

Aye,he could just do that,and if he is pissed off with Anderlecht for welching on a verbal agreement then why not?

Aye,he could just do that,and if he is pissed off with Anderlecht for welching on a verbal agreement then why not?

Worth a shot but his agent is saying he won't be coming to us. Even if he handed in a transfer request it will end up being rejected by Anderlecht so it may be a pointless exercise in some senses but Anderlecht wouldn't want an unhappy player on their books but probably end up selling to someone else, especially when he has a lengthy contract iirc.

Blackburn done the same with Goodwillie. Asking price was �£2m they bid �£2m plus �£800k in add ons that weren't required. If you have the money and want the player it seems a quick way to make sure you get what you want.

Yeah price the competition out which seems to be us :(.

I thought Forest had to make cutback so I am surprised they are willing to pay �£2.5m for Verhoek.