Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

*shudders* in disbelief :D

I know, it was a hell of a lot of money for that pair. �£2.6m for Edu and about �£2.3m for McCulloch. Coisty looks to be making some shrewd purchases in comparison. He's signed the lad Bedoya on a free and looks to be set to sign this guy McKay for around �£300-350k. Even if we buy Bedoya now you're talking about two very good midfielders for well under a million. Bloody good business!!

From the Telegraph Re Verhoek :

"The 24 year-old, who can play on either flank and is regarded as the best crosser of a ball in Holland"

Just the kind of player we need IMO... oh well, another one bites the dust.

Nothing we could do when Forrest are willing to pay more than what Den Haag wanted for the player. They wanted �£2m, we bid �£1.7m and Forrest come in and slap down �£2.5m. Forrest have major ambitions of getting into the EPL (which I think they will do), so they can afford it.

Nothing we could do when Forrest are willing to pay more than what Den Haag wanted for the player. They wanted �£2m, we bid �£1.7m and Forrest come in and slap down �£2.5m. Forrest have major ambitions of getting into the EPL (which I think they will do), so they can afford it.

Forest are crazy. If Den Haag wanted 2 mill then why would you overbid the asking price ? The only reason I can think of is that by offering more it means any other club that comes in and offers the original asking price (in this case 2 mill) then it will get rejected.

Maybe not as crazy as we think. 2.5 mill for a 24 yr old with the reputation he has could turn out to be a steal.

As I said, oh well. Even though I think that he was exactly what we were needing.

Forest are crazy. If Den Haag wanted 2 mill then why would you overbid the asking price ? The only reason I can think of is that by offering more it means any other club that comes in and offers the original asking price (in this case 2 mill) then it will get rejected.

Maybe not as crazy as we think. 2.5 mill for a 24 yr old with the reputation he has could turn out to be a steal.

As I said, oh well. Even though I think that he was exactly what we were needing.

I don't see it as crazy Craig,fair enough I get your point,but I think Forest have shown that they really want him and wanted him signed ASAP

full article now, i can see the player pushing this deal through himself now. He has already been vocal about leaving

Roland Juhasz's agent says the defender's move to Rangers has collapsed, claiming Anderlecht have decided against selling the player.

The Scottish Premier League champions have been in dialogue with the Belgian club throughout Monday, as they looked to agree upon a satisfactory package to bring the player to Scotland.

Two previous bids for the Hungarian failed but Ally McCoist looked set to finally land his man, with Anderlecht conceding early on Monday morning they were close to reaching an agreement with Rangers.

But, speaking to the Hungarian press, Juhasz's represenative Vladan Filipovic claims the selling club have moved the goalposts and says Anderlecht have gone back on their word to release the 28-year-old when a minimum fee was reached.

“Unfortunately, there will be no business,” Filipovic told nemzetisport.hu. “Roland will not be going to Rangers and that is Anderlecht's final decision.

“We are very disappointed in the management at Anderlecht, including Herman van Holsbeeck [general manager]. I know in football anything can happen but I did not expect this.

“When Roland extended his contract a year ago, Anderlecht agreed verbally they would sell him if a certain offer came in. Unfortunately this was not given in writing, but we trusted them.

“Rangers have offered this amount now but Anderlecht have said no. I understand they do not want to lose Roland, it is understandable, but a year ago they promised he could leave for an appropriate offer.

“He is ready for a chance. Scotland would be a step up but this rejection may now ruin his career.”

Juhasz himself appeared aware of the financial details of Rangers' final offer. Speaking in the same report, the defender said: "I understand that the Rangers made a fourth bid, but it still does not appeal to Anderlecht.

"I don't know the specific amount, since it is a matter between the two clubs. But I heard that Rangers have already offered more than twice as much as the first time."

Rangers had hoped to sign Juhasz by Monday night's Europa League registration deadline. If a move was resurrected, the club could register him as their one extra additional player up until 11pm on Wednesday, July 17.