Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I think they could still do with Cuellar....Bartley's on loan, and Weir will be no longer after this season. Getting Cuellar in now, saves hastle next season.....it would also give fantastic options in the centre of defense.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Even though we would end up with 5 CB's for this season you have to think that Bartley isnt costing that much so the additional cost wouldnt be that great for keeping an extra on (plus Bartley can play DM and RB too if needed, good versatility). Weir we KNOW simply cant go on.

So after this season those two will depart.

That would leave us with Goian and Juhasz for next season. We still need more CB's. It would be a perpetuating cycle. If we get Cuellar in we have our central defence sorted for the next 3 or 4 seasons (Cuellar at 29 would be t he oldest of the 3 and he would last another 3 or 4 seasons).

This would give us stability at CB that we need.

We then have McGregor, Wallace and Whittaker on long-term contracts too. If Whittaker can find some form this would mean our defence is pretty much sorted for 3, 4 or even 5 seasons into the future (obviously dependent on how everyone plays, injuries etc).

A defence of : McGregor; Whittaker, Cuellar, Juhasz/Goian, Wallace would, IMO, be very strong.

Means we can set about the other positions knowing that we shouldnt need to touch the defence for a couple of seasons at least !

Cuellar is still recovering from a serious injury though Craig and he could have a rocky season in and out of the team. If we could only have one or the other I'd take the player who isn't injured. If we could have both, I'd take both though because Cuellar could be a cracking option for right back. We could sell Whittaker to some Turkish mob or something and put the money towards buying Juhasz and Cuellar.

I'm still wary of a guy who's never played outside the top quality football nation that is Australia. At his age, if he's really as good as some think, he surely would have played in Europe by now.

Can't really go wrong if we're getting him for under �£500k and not on massive wages though can we? We paid almost 5 million quid for Edu & Jig.

I'm still wary of a guy who's never played outside the top quality football nation that is Australia. At his age, if he's really as good as some think, he surely would have played in Europe by now.

I say it as Yoo-Haz/s

That's what I would have thought too metlika. The 'J' is probably pronounced as a 'Y'.

Can't really go wrong if we're getting him for under �£500k and not on massive wages though can we? We paid almost 5 million quid for Edu & Jig.

*shudders* in disbelief :D

From the Telegraph Re Verhoek :

"The 24 year-old, who can play on either flank and is regarded as the best crosser of a ball in Holland"

Just the kind of player we need IMO... oh well, another one bites the dust.