Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Anderlecht don't want to sell Juhasz and value him ~�£4m. So unless he does a Jelavic, I just can't see this one happenind.

But surely we should just "pay the money Rangers" ? No ? So when is it right to stump up the extra and when not ??

Not having a go at you stewarty.

Anderlecht don't want to sell Juhasz and value him ~�£4m. So unless he does a Jelavic, I just can't see this one happenind.

But surely we should just "pay the money Rangers" ? No ? So when is it right to stump up the extra and when not ??

There's absolutely no way we valued Wallace at �£300k. If it's actually true that we bid that much for him it was probably just a wind-up (to wind-up mad Vlad). Wallace has been valued as a �£1m+ Scottish left back for several seasons.

Why bid then? If we did actually bid at that price. �£1m + for an SPL player in his last year out with us and Celtic is steep, plus he hardly played last season. He has looked not bad when playing for us. I didn't mind him signing as Papac needs some competition.

Juhasz seems to want to come but Anderlecht don't really need to sell, especially with Lukaku cash probably coming in as well.

Well we just paid the money when we haggled for Cuellar, eventually getting him for about �£2.8M and he turned out a bargain. We just paid the money for Jelavic, giving forth what Wien wanted at about �£4M and he turned out well worth it.

The point is, if a player is valued at �£4M by their club, it's because that player is pretty good. And all teams want good players.

There is nothing wrong with us spending that much on one player, just as long as it's a wise investment on a great player. The problems come when we spend money we don't have on SEVERAL players of this value.

To answer your question, when is it right? When it suits the budget we have. If we won't pay �£4M simply because we don't want to, even when the player is worth that, then we won't sign the better players.

Signing Jelavic last summer did not kill Rangers.

I believe Verhoek has told Den Haag he's joining Forest.

Seems absolutely bizarre that a player of this apparent class (supposedly runner up for Dutch POTY) sees his ambitions in England's second tier.

It was strange when Bellamy went down a division, and this is stranger still. Especially given he's about 24.

There is the Shhteeve Mclaren factor.

Yes, I'm aware of this. Did McLaren ever manage Verhoek? I don't know much about the winger, but I'd be surprised if he ever played for Twente. Ok, googled it, he never played for them.

I don't quite see why McLaren is a major attraction - despite managing a successful Twente side. I'd understand it if Verhoek had played under McLaren before, but on the whole Dutch basis I'm more surprised he's not joining Fulham.