Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I doubt that we will sign Verhoek. He will cost in excess of 2m too - according to latest reports - and we won't pay that. Remember, we've already got Ortiz, Kerkar, Wylde, Naismith, Lafferty and if need be Wallace for the left wing. And unless I am mistaken, he is a left winger.

One report says Den Haag want �£2.6m while another report says Den Haag agreed a �£2m fee with Utrecht but Verhoek wants a move to Britain.

I think he can play anywhere across the front to be honest although he does play on the left for Den Haag. Ortiz is right footed, Kerkar will not feature, Naisy is better on the right and Lafferty better up front. Wallace for me is a full back. If we are to improve then we must add quality and sign players better than what we have. There is the added bonus Verhoek could net us a profit in 2 or 3 years time too.

Now that you say it. Obviously, netting Verhoek and Goodwillie for Bougherra and 500k would be good business. You'd hope we shell out some more money for Bartley (loan fee 500k?) and that Hungarian. That should see us in good stead for the season, with low key folk like Davidson and Bedoya filling the ranks. Yeah, does sound good, if it happens.

Houston saying this morning that Goodwillie has told he he would rather go to england than Glasgow. He also mentioned he thinks it would be better for the lad if he moved to england rather than Glasgow. God knows what is true.

As I said before, if Goodwillie does not want to come, we should use half of the money for him and sign Jamie Murphy instead. Decent enough player and not even half the baggage that comes with Goodwillie - as much as I like him.

As I said before, if Goodwillie does not want to come, we should use half of the money for him and sign Jamie Murphy instead. Decent enough player and not even half the baggage that comes with Goodwillie - as much as I like him.

That's actually a really good idea, still feel we need a striker though. Dread to think where we will be with Jelavic injured, luckily last year we had Miller and Jelavic just came back in time to aid his exit.

Guest Dutchy

looks like Goodwillie is off down south, which is better than him going to them as he is a goal scorer. Verhoek seems to be beyond us as well at the moment, unless there is some drastic changes in circumstance, most of which are unknown???

We should be slapping an extra �£100,000 on to this Bedoya bid, as I don't think that the Swedes will be too difficult to deal with, and Bartley returning will give us a bit more confidence and competion for places.

Let's hope something happens this week. Me, I'm off to Holland. I'm in big demand over there.

Will not be happy either if we lose goodwillie to them! But we really don't have any excuses in not just putting the money down to get goodwillie! But why the hell do they need another striker ffs... If we get into a bidding war with Celtic I fear we may end up being the losers! :(

They only have 3 main strikers I can think of - Shirley, Hooper, and Stokes. Even we have more than that.

They also suggest �£2.5m for Juhasz meets Anderlechts valuation. However, I don't think �£1.5m will secure Verhoek.

I'm a bit puzzled at the Verhoek situation.

He seems a good player, highly rated and available at an affordable price. Why does the calibre of team interested seem so 'low'?