Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Yes I am.

Any chance you could actually answer the questions instead of being merely obtuse ?

You are offering little to the debate.

On what grounds would Rangers lawyers have to obtain the case files for an ongoing investigation ?

What relevance does Rangers lawyers having a look at the case have to you suggesting it is a stitch up ?

Lawyers talk to each other, it's a very close knit community, they WILL know the background to the case and be able to gauge wither he is gonna get a guilty or not.

There's no doubting our lawyers will be in contact with his lawyers. We wouldn't be interested and making offers for him if there was a slight chance he'd do some prison time.

Mores the pity.

Lawyers talk to each other, it's a very close knit community, they WILL know the background to the case and be able to gauge wither he is gonna get a guilty or not.

Thanks for a reasoned response this time :)

I understand that they talk to each other all the time and that they are a very close knit community. But they are also bound by ethics rules are they not ? Are you a lawyer ? Serious question, trying to understand why you are so sure about this and being a lawyer would answer questions.

Being an accountant and living in Bermuda we have a very close knit community too - and whilst the accountants and public practice firms will talk to each other all the time they are bound by ethics and confidentiality such that they wouldnt be in a position to talk about an ongoing subject or client.

I would have thought that even though the legal fraternity are close knit that the defence lawyers would be breaching ethics to speak to an unrelated, uninvolved lawyer just because said lawyer's employers would be thinking about hiring the player.

Still though I simply dont get how you can suggest it is a stitch up just because we are still sniffing around the player. Confidence of winning the case doesnt mean that the supposed victim is stitching anyone up.

I STILL feel that had Goodwillie been linked to, say, the Tims, many of us would be screaming "rapist" - yet because it is Rangers who are after him the chant is more of "stitch up job".

Me, personally, I dont know enough about the case to say what it is one way or the other, hence why I refuse to make comment on it. I would have thought that unless any of us were present at the time, or one of the case lawyers, then we would all be in the same position of having absolutely NO IDEA whether this is a legitimate charge or if it is a stitch up.

That is my point.

Guys, please stay on topic. Take your sniping at each other to PM's.

Apologies. But another day, another lack of any transfers at all.

Not even any news today :(

There's a rumour coming from a guy on FF with a source who's saying that the Goodwillie saga will drag on and on for a good while with nobody willing to risk actually signing him until it's certain he'll be cleared of the rape case.

There's a rumour coming from a guy on FF with a source who's saying that the Goodwillie saga will drag on and on for a good while with nobody willing to risk actually signing him until it's certain he'll be cleared of the rape case.

Isn't that common knowledge?

I think it's saying something for how badly our transfer campaign is going that this thread has disintegrated into mild bickering and general discussion.

RANGERS coach Ian Durrant plans to speak to new Chelsea boss Andre Villas Boas about bringing loan stars to Ibrox.

The pair became friends after working on the SFA Pro-Licence course at Largs and have kept in touch ever since.

Durrant was quick to congratulate the Portuguese boss last week on his �£13million switch from FC Porto to Chelsea.

Now he wants to use their relationship to help Ally McCoist recruit players ahead of the SPL campaign. Villas Boas has to decide on his 25-man Premier League pool next month - and the Scot hopes out-offavour stars can be lured to Glasgow.

Durrant said: "I'm going to speak to the boss then bend Andre's ear. But we won't know until Chelsea announce their squad - and Andres has a few bob to spend.

"A loan would benefit them and us. Look at Blues kid Ben Gordon - he was superb on loan at Kilmarnock last season.

"You wouldn't believe the size of squads down south. Arsenal will have a dozen guys out on loan. Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea will be the same.

"These guys may not break in to the first team but will still make a great living from the game. We can definitely pick up a few gems, like Kyle Bartley last season."

Villas-Boas won the Europa League with Porto last term and Ian isn't surprised at the 33-year-old's rapid progress.

He said: "We did the Largs course together and became friendly. I phoned to congratulate him on the Chelsea job.

"Andre was meticulous about his reports, analysis and player recruitment.

"He would bounce things off us as well and we have stayed in touch.

"I've texted him a few times about players - and I'll be texting him a lot more in the next few weeks."

Durrant, who revealed Gers failed in a bid to get Chelsea starlet Daniel Sturridge on loan last season, says he'd still like to be a boss in his own right.

He said: "I'd like to be a manager but it's getting harder. Unless it's a top job down south I'm probably better where I am.