Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Ortiz played mostly at right and left back for Almeria last season, but if we sign him I'm hoping we'll mostly be giving him a chance on the right and left of midfield. Certainly an interesting player that will provide a wee bit of competition for various positions.

We were after the SA lad last summer before Spurs signed him...

:)

Spurs paid something like a �£1.5m fee for him. Not exactly a vast amount of money, but they must have seen something promising to bring him over for a fee and get him out on loan for experience. The guy's still only 24, so a loan spell to us could give him good experience if he gets a game.

ALLY McCOIST is on the brink of clinching his first new signing as Rangers boss - Spaniard Juan Manuel Ortiz.

The midfielder, 29, jetted into Scotland last night and was given a tour of Murray Park before starting talks on a three-year contract.

McCoist hopes the finishing touches can be completed on the deal this morning. The Almeria ace, known as Juanma, should put pen to paper in time to jet off with Gers for their pre-season camp in Germany tomorrow.

The Ibrox club has agreed a fee with Ortiz's club, who are resigned to losing him.

Director of football Gordon Smith said: "Ortiz is a player we've been looking at for a while. We believe he has something to offer.

"All being well we'll conclude talks with him and he'll become part of the squad."

Ortiz revealed: "I almost signed for Rangers two years ago. It has taken me two years to get here but I'm delighted I'm here at last. Hopefully the talks will go well tomorrow and I will sign.

"I have met Ally McCoist but I knew him anyway from Rangers' earlier interest.

"I have followed Rangers for those two years and it's great to be here now."

Gers are also close to agreeing a new deal with Steven Davis. Further talks with his agent took place yesterday and Gers hope an agreement can be reached in the next 24 hours.

They could also swoop for Spurs midfielders Jake Livermore and Bongani Khumalo.

Harry Redknapp has met owner Craig Whyte to discuss possible loan deals for his kids.

The Spurs boss said: "I met with the chairman and was very impressed, he's a nice guy. They are looking for some loans and I mentioned one or two lads we'd loan out."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3677619/Ally-Coisty-makes-his-first-signing.html#ixzz1RBFCzNzS

Hopefully Craig Whyte is also speaking to Ferguson, Boas, Wenger, Mourinho & Guardiola about "kids they might be willing to loan out".... we might be lucky and get a fantastic loanee from Barcelona.... someone like Crosas ;) lol.

Rangers have completed the signing of juan manuel Ortiz from almeria, heard on Clyde 1 just after 9am and he is also in squad to got to germany for pre-season :)

Clyde just take their stuff from the Daily Record.

Signing hasn't been confirmed officially yet.