Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

It is indeed even though Thompson thinks we are a long way away and the current Dundee Utd manager says he should avoid us.

Also, Cardiff signed Robbie Ernshaw today. Have Cardiff got the funds or the need for another striker?

I always rated Ernshaw BTW and would have had him at Ibrox

Also, Cardiff signed Robbie Ernshaw today. Have Cardiff got the funds or the need for another striker?

I always rated Ernshaw BTW and would have had him at Ibrox

Cardiff have lost 3 strikers. Chopra, Bothroyd and Bellamy and one has been replaced by Earnshaw. When McKay signed on he said he had significant funds, so yes.

If we get money for Beattie and the Adam transfer I'd like to see us using it to buy Cuellar or another very good central defender.

I don't think it's about finding the money, it's getting proper value and so we're testing Utd with the waiting game. He's not exactly been snapped up elsewhere for the Tangerine's asking price.

I reckon we'll possibly get Goodwillie in late August as he'll sit tight until then whereupon Utd will accept a lower fee...

Notice we're linked with McFadden today. No thanks! :mad:

Sounds a bit dodgy if you ask me,see below quotes:

But the Gers’ off-field situation could potentially complicate any transfer deal. Chairman Alastair Johnston and fellow director Paul Murray were sacked last month; both were key personnel in Rangers’ player recruitment team.

Additionally, chief executive Martin Bain is currently suspended, pending an internal inquiry into allegations of misconduct and “financial irregularities”, and as yet no replacement or equivalent has been appointed by new chairman Derek Whyte.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/06/07/liverpool-fc-s-danny-wilson-set-for-rangers-loan-deal-but-joe-cole-unlikely-to-join-tottenham-100252-28832338/#ixzz1RQMCJvjk