Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

There are a lort of strange things happening in the world of football. Methinks recently a Belgium team loaned their top scorer of last season to a Bundesliga team and you would ask, why would they not sell him and replace him? Loaning the most valuable player is bordering to the ridiculous.

To some teams 500k means life / survival, of course. As with Ortiz though, I would not get hyped up until I see him arrive at Ibrox or Murray Park, pen in hand.

Why would a La Liga team sell a 23yr old CB for 500k if he's any good....

Is he wanted? 23 year old and hasn't exactly broken through in the Espanyol team so you have to wonder.

@der Berliner sometimes clubs need the money as you say and the upfront fee for the loan of their player might help them greatly. Also add the possible fact that the player might be bought at the end of his loan if there is a clause for a reasonable sum and the club themselves find a cheaper option to replace the player. The club valuation of their player might cause people to stay away and btw which player are you talking about?

re the Belgian chap ... need to check. Not a high level BL team nor a grand Belgium team either. I only remember it for the apparent "stupidity" in such a deal.

EDIT: Dorge Kouemaha from CF Br�¼gge (Brugges) to Kaiserslautern. He's a Cameroon international striker.

Edited by der Berliner