Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

In an interview with Mark Bensteadt (STV), Andy Little has said he would be keen to go on loan. According to the interviewer's twitter. Perhaps to get match practise and a few games? Can't see him being a first team choice for the time being.

@ Danny and Jedinak: we hardly have a clue whether we wanted him. Someone uttered that we looked at him (because he's a freebie) and as soon as he's signed for someone else, it is US who lost out. There are a dozen odd reasons why people sign for this team or that. It could well be that half of Europe were after him and they also lost out to Palace. How would we know?

What is the point in Little signing a new contract then? He is better off going somewhere else especially when we gave him a 1 year deal.

I had the same arguement/discussion with Andrew Dickson on twitter , just baffling decision to be honest , Andy Little wasn't best pleased but his comments today just backed up my point

Andy Little isn't even fully fit yet after his injury. It was only 10 days ago on the 1st July that he said on Twitter that he's desperate to get playing again, that he wasn't going to Germany and that he would hopefully be fully fit in two to three weeks.

ALLY McCOIST is ready to offer Kenny Miller a sensational return to Rangers.

Ibrox gaffer McCoist is desperate to sign a striker and revealed Miller could be set for a THIRD spell at Ibrox.

Miller, 31, is desperate to quit Turkey after his big-money move to Bursaspor turned sour.

SunSport understands the Scotland striker would jump at the chance of a return to Gers.

McCoist who will hold talks with Miller this week, said: "Kenny has never been out of my thoughts. He is a player who did very well for us. He ticks all the boxes in terms of what we're looking for, but we're looking at a few who tick all the boxes.

"I wouldn't rule anyone out and I certainly wouldn't rule Kenny Miller out either.

"I haven't spoken to him to any degree or great length about it because he is obviously still under contract at Bursaspor.

"But Kenny is someone I have a lot of respect for, he's done well. He always gave us everything he's got and was a good player for the club."

Miller has told Bursaspor he wants out of his three-year deal and it's believed they have accepted they are better selling the unhappy player.

The Turkish side paid just �£400,000 to sign him in January and could cut their losses and rip up his contract.

McCoist added: "I'm sure there are clubs in England interested in him and he'd probably get nearer the money he'd be looking for down there.

"I've been speaking to Kenny about other things, we spoke to him last week to see how he's getting on and what he's been up to.

"Kenny also keeps in touch with Kenny McDowall and a few of the boys in the team like Allan McGregor.

"I'd imagine I'll be speaking to him again in the next few days."

A possible Miller return would excite most Gers fans. McCoist added: "The supporters just want to see a winning team.

"They want to see players who give everything they have to win games.

"They want to be entertained, but they want to see players who are keen to play for the club."

Gers are desperately searching for new players with Espanyol stopper Raul Rodriguez a possibility.

McCoist said: "Rodriguez is one of a number of defenders we are looking at. We maybe have six or seven in that category.

"We know we have to get defenders in sooner rather than later, but we want the right ones in.

"I want someone who can play in the team right away.

"You can buy kids, ones for the future and take a wee gamble now and then, but we need men to come into our team now."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3689673/Ally-McCoist-plots-Miller-swoop.html#ixzz1RqCOJKWi

Could the link with Miller be a ploy to make Dundee United reconsider our offer for Goodwillie ?

Might be wrong but we all know they are strapped for cash and with no one so far meeting their valuation and if rumours to be believed Goodwillie wants to sign for us might just make them rethink our offer and be a bit more realistic in their asking price.

I for one would not touch Goodwillie until his cases are cleared. We could force their hand with a Miller link, but why sign someone who could be "barred" from football for the forseeable future. No need to gamble with our money, Goodwillie's still very young.

Miller? If he's fit and ready, why not give the "Scourge of Celtic" another try? He sure knows how to put the SPL teams to the sword. Fitness and injury are the main concerns here. (I do believe that he will gladly sign up for a couple of years at 15 to 20k a week.)

A lot of quote up in the article, found that bit about 6 or 7 people being considered quite interesting a read.

Edited by der Berliner