Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Tottenham Hotspur assistant manager Kevin Bond has confirmed several clubs have asked about a loan deal for Bongani Khumalo amid interest from Rangers.

Khumalo, who signed in January from SuperSport United, enjoyed a successful loan spell with Preston in the Championship last season before suffering a metatarsal injury.

He is still recovering full fitness and Bond says he is "a little behind" the rest of the players, but it appears he likely to seal another temporary deal after completing pre-season with Spurs.

Asked about interest from Rangers and Bristol City, Bond told Kick Off: "Bongani spent last season on loan and did well, and obviously when that happens a lot of clubs start phoning to enquire."

He added that the pressure of playing for Rangers at Ibrox "will be good" for the South Africa defender.

I don't know much about this chap, but 22 caps or so for your country and world cup experience can't be bad. And we know how badly we need defenders.

I don't know much about this chap, but 22 caps or so for your country and world cup experience can't be bad. And we know how badly we need defenders.

A goalscorer in the World Cup too no less... scored the winner against France.

Espanyol have knocked back Gers offer for defender Raul Rodriguez.

Where did you hear that?

Also, Gordon Smith has supposedly said on Radio Scotland that Madjid Bougherra wants to sign a new deal. If that is true, it's because no one else wanted him. He's not a player I want to keep such is his blatant desire to leave. I don't want a player who has to 'make do' with being at Ibrox.

Where did you hear that?

Also, Gordon Smith has supposedly said on Radio Scotland that Madjid Bougherra wants to sign a new deal. If that is true, it's because no one else wanted him. He's not a player I want to keep such is his blatant desire to leave. I don't want a player who has to 'make do' with being at Ibrox.

So we let him go and have an even bigger gap at the back. Good logic there.

He's a professional and has every right to look and tout himself elsewhere

The news about Rodriguez was on STV news