Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Gattuso is well past his best and although I like the guy I wouldn't want him back. He's not going to change his style of play and would be in the stands more than playing for us I reckon and would be another the media and other teams would love to hate which wouldn't help him or us IMO.

Gattuso is well past his best and although I like the guy I wouldn't want him back. He's not going to change his style of play and would be in the stands more than playing for us I reckon and would be another the media and other teams would love to hate which wouldn't help him or us IMO.

Is he? Watch him play a lot?

He'd stroll it up here.

Is he? Watch him play a lot?

He'd stroll it up here.

OK maybe not 'well' past his best but certainly past his best and again IMO Gazza.

I watched a hell of a lot of Serie A last season (as I did with the EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga) and thought Gattuso actually played quite well last season (couple of cracking goals as well) but nothing to the standard he was at before he got injured. He is much slower which doesn't help when he is late in tackles and he had a few bad ones last season. I doubt he would get away with that much here as the refs would be watching every tackle from him with his reputation and IMO he would be suspended a lot in the SPL.

As a Milan fan I watch just about every Milan game there is.

Season before last Gattuso was extremely poor, and looked well past his best, but last year he seemed to get a new lease of life under Allegri and while he only played a third of matches or so (Van Bommel and Flamini featured more), he looked not bad at all.

It's only normal that he's a bit slower these days, he's 33 after all.

I don't know if I'd take him though.

That all said, I don't really believe Gordon Smith is talking to him at all. I think it's someone else entirely.

If Gatuso come back i'll be disgusted. He's crap now, i watch Italian games all the time and he's been carried the last two seasons.

Please to God don't make this lazy piece of transfer activity be our "marquee signing"

As a Milan fan I watch just about every Milan game there is.

Season before last Gattuso was extremely poor, and looked well past his best, but last year he seemed to get a new lease of life under Allegri and while he only played a third of matches or so (Van Bommel and Flamini featured more), he looked not bad at all.

It's only normal that he's a bit slower these days, he's 33 after all.

I don't know if I'd take him though.

That all said, I don't really believe Gordon Smith is talking to him at all. I think it's someone else entirely.

So 31 league games is a third? HMMMMMMMM

van Bommel played 12 games LOL

made a cunt of that danny eh

Gattuso is a good player and has medals to back it up. Diouf is just an idiot on and off the park!

Why mention Diouf?.

I would prefer to give the likes of Ness & Hutton more game time tbh. Gattuso is a ball winner and slowing up,he'd be hunted down by the refs in the SPL,every time he goes for a tackle you hold your breath as he always looks like he will half the player. I'm not totaly against his return but it would all depend on wages for me,if he was the type of player who would sit and spread passes all over the park then aye,maybe. However if he was to sign on then he would get my full support the same as the rest of the Rangers players.