Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

So we let him go and have an even bigger gap at the back. Good logic there.

I would rather have players who have the dedication to their job that he does not. If you want a team of mercenaries, knock yourself out.

He's a professional and has every right to look and tout himself elsewhere

You seem to have a very strange hard on for this guy. His performances last season were decent at best and downright poor at worst, yet you defend his honour going to far as to defend his right to dislike playing for Rangers.

Guest Dutchy

I heard the Gordon Smith interview as well and he seemed to think that Goodwillie would be cup tied. He certainly didn't sound too keen about seeking his signature.

As far as Bougherra goes, if he signs an extention, then I see no problem with that. I don't like the way he goes about touting himself to all and sundry, but no-one seems to want him, so we should keep him as he's an OK defender. Also, he may have a stormmer this season and attract interest. We could demand more cash if he signed an extension.

I would rather have players who have the dedication to their job that he does not. If you want a team of mercenaries, knock yourself out.

You seem to have a very strange hard on for this guy. His performances last season were decent at best and downright poor at worst, yet you defend his honour going to far as to defend his right to dislike playing for Rangers.

All footballers are mercenaries LOL

I really can't understand this "we want players that play for the jersey" mentality. THIOS DAYS ARE LLLLLLLLLLLONG GONE!

All footballers are mercenaries LOL

I really can't understand this "we want players that play for the jersey" mentality. THIOS DAYS ARE LLLLLLLLLLLONG GONE!

No, I'm not asking for dyed in the wool bears either. Yeah, we do have Healy which is nice, but that kind of player is rare.

No, I am just asking players to have some respect for the club, and if they want to leave, keep it to themselves or hand in a transfer request. He's been whoring himself out for over 2 years for crying out loud. It wears thin.

Goodwillie is not cup tied as it stand. he become cup tied if he plays in the group stages.

Jelavic never played in the group stages for the EL and was ineligible for the CL, same will occur here and it has already occurred.

Guest Dutchy
Goodwillie is not cup tied as it stand. he become cup tied if he plays in the group stages.

Gordon Smith was more or less saying he was cup tied, even for any CL games!?!?!

I don't know for sure, but I'm more likely to listen to what GS says as he's been around a bit. But the possibility exsits that he too could be wrong, which is immaterial really, as Goodwillie is not even a Rangers player.