Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Another day, another interview revealing exactly what our plans are. It's becoming clearer by the day that the �£5m a year includes wages. The "front-ending" for the coming season means we might get �£5m to spend on transfer fees this time around. Deflated.

The fact that we do most of our transfer talk in the papers tells me there is very little chance of us bringing in any real quality. The new chairman talked the talk but it is now becoming more evident as the days go by that he isnt going to walk the walk.

Dont know what whytes real game plan is but its clear he isnt going to be the new messiah we all craved during the murray decline.

so baton down the hatches again folks and be prepared for another season on our knees. Yet again the fans are being asked to finance The club for very little return. The new board are banking on the blind loyalty of the fans and are taking everyone of us for a bunch of fools.

I think it could be the year the support started voting with there feet.

I can't believe that people think he was going to come in and throw millions about. The transfer window is open 3 days and people are talking crap. he's done exactly what he said he was going to do so far.

It's all good. Plus, we have always been in the papers and media when we are in the transfer market. Can anyone tell me when the last surprise signing was. My reckoning it was Mo Johnston. Even then the Sun had it on the back page that morning.

If anyone's to blame it's the media because they were the ones talking pish about us having 10 million to spend this summer and I'll bet a lot of fans actually believed it. Rule number 1 - Don't believe everything you read in the press.

We were told that the �£5million was in addition to any profit we made , and did not include any money that was brought in from player sales or savings on wages .

This �£5 million figure was always an addition to what we had to spend .

We were told that the �£5million was in addition to any profit we made , and did not include any money that was brought in from player sales or savings on wages .

This �£5 million figure was always an addition to what we had to spend .

Let's wait and see how much has been spent come the end of the transfer window. I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near �£10m, that's for sure.

I think there are quite a few of us who have no conception of how to run a football club prudently. I for one wasn't expecting CW to be a sugar daddy. I really think we're being quite canny with our dealings in the transfer market. I'm also sure that we will end up with some worthwhile signings. We've still got the squad that romped home to win the league. That squad is more than capable of qualifying for the CL and holding their own in the SPL.

So - in my mind, we don't need panic buying, and would be better served by waiting for the right players to come along.

The only benefit so far of the new ownership has been retaining key players and the removal of the debt. Not a bad thing. But...

It still remains early days but it's starting to feel like we're not going to spend much money on new players.

I think there are quite a few of us who have no conception of how to run a football club prudently. I for one wasn't expecting CW to be a sugar daddy. I really think we're being quite canny with our dealings in the transfer market. I'm also sure that we will end up with some worthwhile signings. We've still got the squad that romped home to win the league. That squad is more than capable of qualifying for the CL and holding their own in the SPL.

So - in my mind, we don't need panic buying, and would be better served by waiting for the right players to come along.

Exactly how i feel. But i'm sure you, i and the rest know we need a new strong centre half to add to the spine of the team

And for a change, thjis was on FF about two hours before it actually hit the headlines ... kudos to the informers!

Spanish utility man Juan Manuel Ortiz is at Murray Park holding talks with Rangers, STV can reveal.

The 29-year-old, who is currently contracted to Spanish second tier side UD Almeria, predominently plays on the right of midfield. The versatile player has also featured for his club on the left flank and in both full-back positions.

An agreement is already in place between the two clubs for the transfer of the player, with Almeria subsequently giving Ortiz permission to travel to Glasgow.

Speaking to STV, Almeria's sporting director Alberto Benito confirmed his player was in talks with Rangers. "I can confirm we have had talks with Glasgow Rangers have reached an agremeent over a fee for Juanma," he said. "He has been with Almeria for four years and he is a very important player.

"He can play in several positions. He can play on the left or right hand side of attack, but also defensive left and right. He is also very quick."

When asked if he was happy for his player to leave the club, Benito replied: "No we are not happy. But for him, who is a very good person and player, this is a good move.

"It is important for him to play at a big club like Glasgow Rangers, who have the chance to play in Champions League.

"For me it is a big problem because I now have to find three players to replace him."

Ortiz, also known as Juanma, started his career with Atletico Madrid, making five appearances for the club while also spending spells out on loan with Osasun and Poli Eijdo.

A move to Almeria followed in 2007 and he has gone on to play 126 times, scoring nine goals.

Almeria were relegated from La Liga at the end of the 2010/11 season, finishing in 20th position. Ortiz was subsequently told the club would not stand in his way if an offer came in, along with a host of other first team players at the club.

STV