Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Rangers lawyers should not be privy to anything to do with the case as it doesnt involve them. On what grounds could they legitimately ask for evidence in relation to the case ?

I was thinking earlier on that maybe our lawyers could have contacted Goodwillie and asked him to have his lawyer send them his case files, but the more I think about it it seems very unlikely. Would it even be legal to obtain a case file when you aren't directly involved in the case?

BTW, according to The Sun*, United have accepted Cardiff's bid of 2m plus some add-ons.

*A touch too gleeful, as they also mentioned that we "missed out" on Conway, Danns, and Hemed too. This will not go away unless we actually sign someone.

Oh, and Little has signed on for another season - see our official website.

Rangers lawyers should not be privy to anything to do with the case as it doesnt involve them. On what grounds could they legitimately ask for evidence in relation to the case ?

Though I am not sure what relevance Rangers lawyers have in you casting this as being a stitch up. What relevance does that exactly play in this ?

LOL, you serious?

BTW, according to The Sun*, United have accepted Cardiff's bid of 2m plus some add-ons.

*A touch too gleeful, as they also mentioned that we "missed out" on Conway, Danns, and Hemed too. This will not go away unless we actually sign someone.

Oh, and Little has signed on for another season - see our official website.

Well we did with Hemed the other 2 are debatable. Malky McKay looking at another one of our targets hmm. Surprised he isn't looking at his old team Watford.

LOL, you serious?

Yes I am.

Any chance you could actually answer the questions instead of being merely obtuse ?

You are offering little to the debate.

On what grounds would Rangers lawyers have to obtain the case files for an ongoing investigation ?

What relevance does Rangers lawyers having a look at the case have to you suggesting it is a stitch up ?

Is there really any money available to spend and the deals we are doing are on existing players and they look like one year deals that are being offered at the moment, bar Whitaker and the 5 year deal!!!

If we are really serious about our transfer targets we really need to go in with the money showing! As it stands just now we have been after 4 targets and all have have chosen to go elsewhere? I'd really like to see goodwillie at rangers but really we don't know what's going on behind closed doors and it's now a game of Rangers linked with this one and that! It's really disappointing now tbh :(

If we are really serious about our transfer targets we really need to go in with the money showing! As it stands just now we have been after 4 targets and all have have chosen to go elsewhere?

We have supposedly went in with one great offer and what I'd consider to be 'the money showing' mate. The supposed �£1m bid for Wallace at Hearts was a top notch offer tbh. Fcuk knows what the people at Hearts were thinking, but if it's true that we bid that much for him I can imagine the people on our side being really surprised that Hearts knocked it back. That's roughly the sort of money I'd have said Wallace was worth LAST summer with 2 years still on his contract and before he got injured playing for Scotland, so that's why I'm saying this. I couldn't believe that Hearts knocked back a �£1m offer for him and as soon as it was reported that they did, I just knew that player deal was dead. If we offer them more I'll be very very surprised because that was a cracking offer.

To me, the Cuellar deal was always pile of bullshit. There's no way we could afford the right buying price and there's no way we could afford the right wages for the player.

The Hemed and Danns deals were free transfers and aye, they chose to go elsewhere, but that's life. We definitely can't say much about Hemed choosing to play in Spain because they have a great standard of living there and he won't have as much tax to consider either. Then there's the weather....

I'd really like to see goodwillie at rangers but really we don't know what's going on behind closed doors and it's now a game of Rangers linked with this one and that!

We supposedly bid a million quid for Goodwillie and to me that was a very decent offer all things considered. There's no way I'd want us to spend �£2m on a young SPL striker unless he's fucking amazing and if he was that good, we wouldn't be able to afford him anyway. If Cardiff have bought him for �£2m plus bonusses good luck to Cardiff.

What I dont really understand is , when we seem to be missing out on potential targets , ( I use the word "seem " loosely ) , why are we giving contracts to players who will not play any serious part this coming season .

They may be on "lessmoney" however every penny appears to be a prisoner at the moment , we have C/L qualifiers coming up and preseason always throws up injuries , we are playing a very very dangerous game .

It is "strength in depth" that we need to look upon. We simply cannot rely on every chap staying fit and unsuspended throughout the season, so we give one-year deals to "proven" folk. Proven in the sense that Ally and Co. know and have seen enough of these people to assume that they can do a job. Healy's problem was the brilliant form of Jelavic and Lafferty while he was here, so he had no real chance to impress. Kerkar never got a chance under Smith, but as it looks, Ally rates him. As it is with pistols and condoms, better have them about and don't need them, than needing them and having no-one about. (Transfer windows et al).