Further TBO/UB Statement

The Police today are just like any other working man in the street, some do a good job some don't. You can't label all builders bad because you get a cowboy. Same with the police have meet some great ones and have meet the ones who watch to much Law and Order of a night.

Some jobs carry more responsibility than others though. The police have the potential to wreck people's lives. Unfairly getting done with sectarian BOTP at a football game might affect your employment opportunities and status for example. Not good enough to say there are some good, some bad. Far too much responsibility for that imo.

Some jobs carry more responsibility than others though. The police have the potential to wreck people's lives. Unfairly getting done with sectarian BOTP at a football game might affect your employment opportunities and status for example. Not good enough to say there are some good, some bad. Far too much responsibility for that imo.

As do builders, electricians, plumbers etc.

As do builders, electricians, plumbers etc.

I am more concerned about being incorrectly given a criminal record than dodgy building work. You hire a tradesperson and you are voluntarily taking on those risks, with the police it is not the same.

I am more concerned about being incorrectly given a criminal record than dodgy building work. You hire a tradesperson and you are voluntarily taking on those risks, with the police it is not the same.

Worry about yourself then. If you stay out of trouble you won't get a criminal conviction.

Edited by Gazza_8

Worry about yourself then. If you stay out of trouble you won't get a criminal conviction.

That'd be fine if they gave us a list of offensive songs so we know what not to sing. Personally I think we should just sign Tina Turner & get her in for a tinaoke every game.

In Holland it is all fan Stewards as well. There is only a police presence waiting in the background normally riot police who wait outside the ground. The amount of police presence depends on the danger of trouble category of the game. With Feynoord for example there will be quite a large amount of riot Police and with a low category game probably just a few police vans full. A guy in my work has just started by Twente. He received a 6 week curses of a few evenings in the week and now he is on the job.

Dodgy building work could cost you your physical life. Just as much, if not more, a concern as a criminal record I would have thought.

I dont think that hiring a tradesperson that is necessarily the case that you are voluntarily taking those risks. If suitably qualified you expect quality work which wouldnt put you at risk.

I do see your point though.

Not if a dodgy copper, say a tim fan, decides to have me lifted saying i've been singing sectarian songs are behaving in a sectarian manner when I haven't.

Craig, I may not have explained it well, but you agree that you can see there is a definite distinction between the two scenarios.

That'd be fine if they gave us a list of offensive songs so we know what not to sing. Personally I think we should just sign Tina Turner & get her in for a tinaoke every game.

Now that we're all so PC how about getting in the Village People too?

All together now... It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A :awesome: