Further TBO/UB Statement

I've come across my fair share of poor policing, aswell as alot of decent policing. After being at my first game at Ibrox this season (Rangers v Hibs), I have to admit I thought the police were a bit over the top, I felt it affected the atmosphere negatively. But lets not get this twisted, I also believe they are just doing the job they are being told to do. Complaining to the police in the ground is only going to make their day (& therefore your day) worse. Unfortunately, until this stupid law is clarified or binned, I don't think there is much we can effectively do about it.

I know 6 cops (that I can think off just now) and 5 are total plonkers and brag about what they have done and can do (god like) whenever I have seen them which is thankfully not very often. One is now living on benefits from the force where again he has told me and others there is basically nothing wrong with him but he is getting away with it. I know only 1 decent cop the rest I have met are not.

The MAJORITY of other cops 'I' have came in contact with or have spoken to in my lifetime have acted in this way (god like), there has of course been some decent ones but the MAJORITY have not been. I don't envy anyone being on the police force but from my own personal experience the majority are not worth much. I know YOU won't believe or agree with this gazza but i'm sure a lot of non cops will.

Apologies for the previous post Johnny, I was having a chunt of a day at work.

I've no reason not to believe you. You know cops who are dicks for whatever reason but we're not all like that. My attitude when policing is talk to people how you wish to be spoken to. If I'm treated or spoken to like shit then you'll get the same back. To say that the majority of cops (maybe you meant that you know of) act in a 'god like' way is not true. Sometimes you need to impose yourself on situations and need to act the bigger person and perhaps people won't like but if they weren't acting like clowns in the 1st place and took some responsibility then I wouldn't need to act any other way than the way way I like to police. Every cop is different, some good, some bad but we don't all act 'god like'. Some cops love their job and it's their life, I love my job but want to get home, watch TV and spend some (quality?) time with the chick.

When I'm working at any football game I want to see the game. If I'm asked to do something by the match commander, stadium commander or the stand Inspector then I'll do it.

Why are TBO or the section of them who thought dragging the poor guy away from the cops was the right thing to do aren't getting a hard time off the fans?

I agree with Gav. We all have perceptions about the police force. To suggest the majority of them are knobs is unfair. To suggest the "majority of those I have encountered are knobs" would have been a better way of putting it johnny.

Police are doing a job, a thankless one at that. We expect them to behave in a particular way but name me one person who hasnt had a bad day at the office and acted in a way most unlike them ? We all do it. Police are humans too (mostly.... right Gav ;) ) and will have off days.

In a way I am unsurprised with how they handled the game on Saturday given Tuesday's events.

I am JUST old enough to remember when we used to have a policeman on the beat and if we did something wrong as kids we would get a slap round the ear and our parents would be told. And the wrath of my parents meant I was never likely to get a slap round the ear from the local bobby.

But times have changed. Police have a job which puts them in harm's way every single day on every single shift. It is tough, for me at least, to blame them for being stand-offish or even having a harsh tone. It also depends on the circumstance they are faced with. They need to quickly assess what type of person/people they are dealing with and determine if they should handle with soft, soothing statements or if they have to be more aggressive.

Each situation could be different.

Could also be that the police at the game on Saturday were Tims, so they are bound to be arseholes :D

I would just like to know why the police & stewards presence around the BF1 is more visible than anywhere else in Ibrox,especialy against the likes of killie & HIVS when there is no high risk,even less so now that we have been moved away from the away fans?.There is an intimidating atmosphere in this section now,why?.I believe most fans know right from wrong,apart from the odd dafty and even then a quiet word normaly defuses any potentialy heated incident.

We had 6 supporters ejected from our section, with season tickets confiscated by stewards;

1 for standing

1 for filming police

2 for questioning why you can be ejected for filming police

1 for refusing to hand over season ticket details without reason or justification for why details where required

1 for handing out tape to supporters to cover their mouths as part of our silent protest

Turns out one of them is my wee cousin. :ffs: