Kris Boyd or Kenny Miller?

Boyd or Miller?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Boyd or Miller?

• Boyd
    • Miller

I voted for Boyd!!!! he scores goals, plain & simple.

For a good while Miller was never outstanding, he would contribute a decent amount of goals, but to me appeared to prefer running about to putting the ball in the net.

It was only in his last 1/2 season that he really started hammering them in....the 20 odd goals he scores before he left was the most he'd scored in one season - EVER!!! Boyd on the other hand, was hitting that kind of tally consistently.

True, Boyd was never the most energetic of players...but he certainly knew where the back of the net was!!!

I started off thinking that this is a no brainer; Miller is easily the better player and showed in his second spell that he was every inch the goal scorer as well as a goal maker. Then I got to thinking about ages: Boyd at 28 should be at his peak; Miller almost 32 probably past his. Also Jelavic & Boyd or Jelavic and Miller? So I surprised myself by voting for Boyd and making it a 10-10 tie.

Well, given that we're talking right now, I would take Miller. I reckon it's not actually a goalscorer we're lacking, but someone who is going to create chances as well as chip in with a few goals. Given the service he could provide for Jelavic I think Miller would be the better bet. However, really given the choice, Gabriel Amato wins hands down.

Here's Boyd and Miller's goal and assist stat's during the time they shared two full seasons with the club -

Boyd

09/10 season - 26 goals & 5 assists in 34 starts and 5 subs

08/09 season - 31 goals & 5 assists in 40 starts and 4 subs

Miller

09/10 season - 21 goals & 9 assists in 34 starts and 7 subs

08/09 season - 13 goals & 9 assists in 30 starts and 6 subs

In that last season Zappa Boyd got stuck on 26 for months, because it won me £20 off the mate bet he wouldn't break 30. That's my point with Boyd if he's not scoring in every other game and goes for a month or more without scoring he brings absolutely nothing to the team and is a waste of space.