Bill Miller withdraws bid

The media will spin the "Yank go home" message as his main reason for pulling out, but his statement certainly doesn't read as if it WAS his real reason, just an additional push.

If a section of our supporters did say that then I don't blame the guy.

Maybe, but it would seem to me that if he had the courage of his convictions, had the clubs best interests at heart (like he was at pains to make out that he did), he would have got on the first plane to Glasgow, conducted his business first hand with the administrators, progressed the deal and communicated his plans to the fans.

For all the noise from some fans who are not happy with his outline proposal (not that I am suggesting they are wrong to have concerns, because I do too), there were plenty of others who were supportive. As I say, if thats all it took to put him off, god help him us if he was able to complete the takeover.

The RST and their propoganda may have fucking killed our club.

I am fucking seething !!!!

For all their scepticism, I think thats a bit of a leap of faith to assume it was the RST who have caused this. It seems his reasons for withdrawing are unclear at best, flimsy and worst.

What happens now? Is it too late for BK and TBK's to bid again? Would they evn want to?

They've continued to sniff around. BK has had talks with CW too.

And correct me if I am wrong, but did BM actually have exclusivity? I'm sure I read that he didn't.

What happens now? Is it too late for BK and TBK's to bid again? Would they evn want to?

My guess is that they'll come back in saying they'll try to get a pure CVA plan pushed through, but in reality they'll be working full time on a newco plan because the club doesn't have the cash to survive long enough for them to take the pure CVA approach.

My guess is that they'll come back in saying they'll try to get a pure CVA plan pushed through, but in reality they'll be working full time on a newco plan because the club doesn't have the cash to survive long enough for them to take the pure CVA approach.

Thats my guess too.

The fact he has pulled out so quickly after being named PB really adds another nail in the coffin that is D&P's reputation. A bit of hard nosed negotiation would surely have sniffed out that he wasn't serious?

Some more time was needlessly wasted and more cash (both scarce commodities at RFC plc) was needlessly burned up, Duff & Phelps seem hell bent on liquidating us but why? :(