Bill Miller withdraws bid

Could one of the overseas bids be Bill Ng again?

Who knows. Given how poor D&P are at sifting bids, I reckon my offer of 50p, a Sherbert Dib Dab and 400 glass bottles of Irn Bru is still on the table. I'll away ansd check my voicemail...

Can't believe my first post is in reaction to this news. Was Miller really serious or is it another Sheff Wed/Tranmere? What the hell is going on with the administrators. We are no further forward than we were a couple of months ago. Time is running out fast and we're back to square one.

We could make a screenplay out of this and sell the rights for a few million to Hollywood ...

Regarding Miller's withdrawal statement, it looks like he was still not privvy to all information required, so once informed, his plans went out of the window. BTW, aiming cheap shots at him now is pretty silly. He sure spend a neat sum of money on his bid by now, money he won't see again.

I wonder whose F5 button will burst first, now that each and every hack will fall over one another while trying to get every scrap of info about the "three mysterious new bids" out first ...

Edited by der Berliner

Who knows. Given how poor D&P are at sifting bids, I reckon my offer of 50p, a Sherbert Dib Dab and 400 glass bottles of Irn Bru is still on the table. I'll away ansd check my voicemail...

That made me laugh, but its either that or cry. Can't believe I was feeling better since Miller was named preferred bidder. What an idiot.

"We have been informed by his advisors that there were a number of issues with which he felt uncomfortable including legacy contracts, the limitation of potential revenue streams and the expectation of required investment.

That clarifies the situation perfectly for me. He's pulled out because he couldn't actually afford to run the club. Smart man actually because he's not in the type of rich bracket where he can afford to lose and write off thirty or forty million dollars. Buying Rangers could bankrupt a guy like Bill Miller.

That clarifies the situation perfectly for me. He's pulled out because he couldn't actually afford to run the club. Smart man actually because he's not in the type of rich bracket where he can afford to lose and write off thirty or forty million dollars. Buying Rangers could bankrupt a guy like Bill Miller.

Which begs the question, what are D&P doing giving him PB status? I know they are there for the creditors, but an unsustainable bid would simply lead to another period of administration and the creditors being screwed once again.

So if the bids include one from the UK and it's not the BK then who is it? One overseas bid must be Bill Ng you would have thought. The Bk's simply must have something up their sleeve, they're looking like our last hope.

Ng, Kennedy, the Germans?