Bill Miller withdraws bid

Rangers in crisis: American Bill Miller withdraws from bidding process to buy Ibrox club

May 8 2012

bill miller Image 1

AMERICAN trucking tycoon bidder Bill Miller has withdrawn from the process to take over Rangers, it was revealed today.

In a statement, Miller said: “As soon as I was announced as preferred bidder for Rangers, my team began to press ahead with our

due diligence. Until then, information had been limited to what was made available in the internet data

room and questions addressed to the administrators and their staff. In addition, I had preliminary

discussions with the Scottish Footballing Authorities and limited discussions with Ally McCoist. Upon

being named preferred bidder, discussions with Rangers staff started and discussions with all interested

parties intensified.

We continued to work through the holiday weekend in order to meet a very compressed schedule. By late

Monday night, it became clear to me that preliminary information, discussions and analysis were,

unfortunately, more optimistic than reality. Having no intention of negatively affecting the potential

outcome of the club's future and after hearing the message from Rangers supporters and fans loud and

clear ("Yank go home!"), I notified the administrators today that I have withdrawn my bid for Rangers and

will not be moving forward.

I am deeply disappointed as I had considered the opportunity to bid for one of the most historic football

clubs in the world, an honor and a privilege. I wish Rangers fans, supporters and employees my very

best. I hope all your dreams and wishes come true. You certainly deserve it. I am most disappointed that I

won't have the opportunity to walk into Ibrox Stadium on the day of an Old Firm match as my friends tell

me the hair on my arm will stand up and I will never witness such passion and spirit at any sporting event.

God Speed, Rangers"

Source:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-23852679/

Alison Robbie ‏ @AlisonRobbie

Bill Miller: 'after hearing the msg from #Rangers supporters...loud & clear ("Yank go home"), I notified admin I have withdrawn my bid'