Bill Miller withdraws bid

Some more time was needlessly wasted and more cash (both scarce commodities at RFC plc) was needlessly burned up, Duff & Phelps seem hell bent on liquidating us but why? :(

Its been said by many before, but it really seems to me that they are out of their depth.

Whatever the nature of his interest, I have yet to see it.

I've seen the vitriol on other sites, but I certainly didn't see any sound reasoning behind it. It was mainly ill-informed venom

However, I don't see the reactions by some as being the sole reason for him pulling out.

So - correct me if I'm wrong. If we're lucky, the double BKs are the only show in town. However, there is no way they will get their act together before the end of the month. So, we're facing the possibility of further sanctions that will cripple us for years.

But at least we'll have fans' representation to lead us through it.

Unless of course, the 2 BKs amounts to nothing.

Then we're royally fucked.

Anyone for tennis next season?

Edited by bluebear54

Whatever the nature of his interest, I have yet to see it.

I've seen the vitriol on other sites, but I certainly didn't see any sound reasoning behind it. It was mainly ill-informed venom

However, I don't see the reactions by some as being the sole reason for him pulling out.

So - correct me if I'm wrong. If we're lucky, the double BKs are the only show in town. However, there is no way they will get their act together before the end of the month. So, we're facing the possibility of further sanctions that will cripple us for years.

But at least we'll have fans' representation to lead us through it.

Unless of course, the 2 BKs amounts to nothing.

Then we're royally fucked.

Anyone for tennis next season?

Unless,

That pair of fuds are now claiming that there are three more bids on the table, not including TBK.

Full statement from Duff and Duffer..

BILL MILLER has announced that he has withdrawn his offer for Rangers and administrators Duff & Phelps have announced that three other bidders are in play.

David Whitehouse, joint administrator, said: "We can confirm that Mr Bill Miller has decided not to complete his purchase of Rangers Football Club.

"Since Mr Miller was announced as preferred bidder on Thursday of last week, it is regrettable that more progress could not be made to further the sale of the Club.

"We have been informed by his advisors that there were a number of issues with which he felt uncomfortable including legacy contracts, the limitation of potential revenue streams and the expectation of required investment.

"As in any company takeover, the selection of a preferred bidder does not guarantee the completion of the sale. In this case, with time and money for Rangers running out quickly, it was essential to move the process forward with urgency. Mr Miller's bid was deliverable to creditors and was the only deliverable bid on the table at that time. We had no other unconditional bid.

"Given the fact that Mr Miller did not enter into an exclusivity agreement, we informed all other known potential bidders at the time the door was not closed.

"As a consequence of Mr Miller's bid being accepted, three other bidders have come forward to express their interest in buying the Club and these offers are being evaluated with the utmost urgency.

"There is every opportunity for these bidders to now complete the purchase of the Club prior to the end of the season."

The fact he has pulled out so quickly after being named PB really adds another nail in the coffin that is D&P's reputation. A bit of hard nosed negotiation would surely have sniffed out that he wasn't serious?

It really shows them up to be either total amateurs or complicit in some kind of agenda.