How SPL teams will vote

There was a rumour (and no more than that) yesterday on FF that Aberdeen may indeed go into admin after the season starts (so they keep their status for that season).

They would be in admin if the owner wasn't bailing them out so I could believe that.

not sure but I do expect some to vote differently in private.

I just can't see this vote, of all votes, being kept secret, no chance. I think a few might hedge their bets, or indeed actually be undecided up until the actual time. However if enough clubs come out and say 'no' publicly beforehand the pressure on the other clubs will grow, indeed if more than required state 'no' publicly there is little to be gained by the other clubs by voting 'yes' anyway. I just can't see enough clubs voting 'yes' to our application.

Guest Dutchy

Aberdeen have only stated a 'prefrence' for voting us non entry, they're also saying that they will make the decision sometime soon, but I'm not waiting arround to get into a SPL that would thump us hard, both with points deductions and financial penalties.

The fans in the 3rd div, and other divisions don't matter when it comes to money. The boards will vote us in and the fans will all moan, but even they will come along to watch us, even if it's just for the possibility of seeing their team beat us.

The fans in football haven't mattered for sometime now, evidence the weird KO times to suit the TV money men and I'm sure that some TV deal will be struck between any division we're in as the TV men want Rangers on their books, thus providing more incentive for the smaller clubs to accept us.

On team matters and who will be playing for us, that's a harder one to predict and really all depends on exactly how much money can be brought in from said TV deals, but I would expect it to be enough to keep some of our players and attract some more that would be too good for the lower divs.

I don't know exactly what will happen, but my belief is we should bite the bullit now and start re-building as soon as possible. There's still a lot of complexities to be ironed out.

Romanov is rightly irked at a lack of competative bidding for SPL television rights.

Unfortunately (for him and all other SPL clubs), he is seemingly on course to vote against Rangers staying in the SPL, which is harmful to maintaining a reasonable price for those rights.

Edited by tangent60

Good read from Motherwell Board

The vote on a newco Rangers entering the SPL could plunge Motherwell into administration whether they are admitted to the league or not, the club has told fans.

In guidance issued to supporters of the Lanarkshire club, posted on the Motherwell fansâ?? site Fir Park Corner, Motherwell estimated that it would lose more than £900,000 in income without Rangers in the league.

That sum will have to be balanced out with investment from the fans, otherwise it could be tipped into administration, says the clubâ??s board.

Motherwell FC is in the process of moving to a fan ownership model, as majority shareholder John Boyle pledges his stake in the Fir Park club to a group of supporters in the form of the Well Society.

The societyâ??s members are being polled on whether to allow a newco to enter the SPL after Rangers FC began the process of being liquidated.

The breakdown of costs that Motherwell foresee if the newco is voted out of the league are a loss of £600,000 from SPL revenues, made up of sponsorships and the television deal for the league.

The club expects to lose £275,000 in gate receipts from Rangers supporters and estimates a drop of £40,000 in matchday hospitality and sponsorship.

If the newco is allowed to enter the SPL, Motherwell still expects to make losses in gate receipts as it anticipates that fans will stay away for reasons of â??sporting integrityâ?.

In conclusion, the guidance note states: â??Whatever decision is made on the newco vote by the SPL clubs, the financial position of Motherwell Football Club will suffer. There are clear risks to the financial stability and very future of this club presented by the current situation.

â??In the event of serious financial difficulty, the board will have to look to the members, shareholders and supporters to step up their support for the club and the Well Society. This is likely to be in the form of increased prices, higher attendances and further Society memberships and contributions.

â??It is clear that if we are unable to replace significant amounts of income lost under either scenario, the club would be facing an insolvency event. This would lead to a 21 point reduction.â?

What's the bet the fans still vote to kick us out, haters can only hate.

Yeah they probably will but at least the board are laying it out of their fans either way in black and white, pretty much telling them to get their wallets out it will be required. Somehow I doubt they'll do that. Unfortunately living in Motherwell I have family members (Married into btw :)) who plan to attend this "protest" they have arranged against the newco on the 30th. Really have to bite my tongue hard.