On SSN:

Brown to set up a bank account for all season ticket money to go in.

Has powerful backers.

He wants honesty from Green. If Green has the title deeds to Ibrox, Murray Park and the Albion Car Park he'll make him an offer but needs proof Green can do a deal.

Also asks where ticketus are involved.

He wants our club back in the hands of the supporters.

If Wimbledon can start a team from scratch, then surely we can do something with Rangers?

The FC United of Manchester is a better parallel. I'm not suggesting we should do this yet but at this moment I'm sceptical we'll be playing any level of football this coming season.

Guest govansw1
Sorry mate I thought you were one of the guys running RU. :thup:

I think you told me previously that you registered with RU. Playing about with figures. The 'Red' package is £100 and £10 per month. 30,000 fans as members would generate £6,600,000 1st year. £13,800,000 3rd year. £21,000,000 5th year. This is in addition to existing income.

Over the lifetime of being a Rangers Supporter £100 is nothing and £10 per month is nothing more than a pint o' beer or a cheese burger per week.

What's holding us back?

I think you told me previously that you registered with RU. Playing about with figures. The 'Red' package is £100 and £10 per month. 30,000 fans as members would generate £6,600,000 1st year. £13,800,000 3rd year. £21,000,000 5th year. This is in addition to existing income.

Over the lifetime of being a Rangers Supporter £100 is nothing and £10 per month is nothing more than a pint o' beer or a cheese burger per week.

What's holding us back?

Playing devils advocate, fans were complaining about an apparent increase in season ticket prices of 5%.

I agree with the the theory behind it, but will it work in practice? If they don't see any tangibe return for it, will they get bored after year 2 and stop contributing? We have seen people demanding their contributions back from RFFF and that's in our time of crisis. What will happen if they disagree with the sale of a player, or the fact that we are giving tickets to Celtic fans or similar?

The FC United of Manchester is a better parallel. I'm not suggesting we should do this yet but at this moment I'm sceptical we'll be playing any level of football this coming season.

I wasn't actually talking about setting up a new club, I just meant that if Wimbledon can do it from scratch, surely we can do something with a head start with the current club if we buy it and start in Div3?

What we need is about 10m to buy the club and another 10m or so in working capital (although less may be needed for Div3). Can 200k fans raise 20m? It's an average of £100 each but a lot to raise at once. If only 20k subscribe then it's £1000 each which would be difficult to raise.

The trouble is we have the number of fans but not the cash commitment and it needs a trusted leader and committee to get it going.

In my opinion, the best way would be for one or more rich supporters to loan the fans the money and then have a membership scheme that pays it back over say five years - in a way that govansw1 has mentioned. I think for it to work you need to give shares in the club in return. There is nothing like ownership to give people a sense of financial responsibility.

Guest govansw1
Playing devils advocate, fans were complaining about an apparent increase in season ticket prices of 5%.

I agree with the the theory behind it, but will it work in practice? If they don't see any tangibe return for it, will they get bored after year 2 and stop contributing? We have seen people demanding their contributions back from RFFF and that's in our time of crisis. What will happen if they disagree with the sale of a player, or the fact that we are giving tickets to Celtic fans or similar?

Reading the RU proposal the fans elect a board of directors to run the Club. One member one vote.

I don't understand why he's asking for evidence of ownership of Ibrox etc before submitting am offer. Normally an offer would be conditional on the seller demonstrating he had title before the completion date.