Two new players at Auchenhowie: Beattie and Black

I thought we couldn't sign anybody until we obtain SFA membership?

Looks like we're getting players lined up with verbal agreements in place so that we can quickly make some signings as soon as we get the SFA membership transfer paperwork all signed. Good move!

HEARTS Scottish Cup heroes Ian Black and Craig Beattie have been in training with Rangers at Auchenhowie today.

Striker Beattie joined training with the first team squad under the watchful eye of Ally McCoist and his coaching staff.

Black is in recovery from a hernia operation and spent time working with Gers physio Stevie Walker.

The midfielder was the man of the match in the Tynecastle side's 5-1 triumph over Hibs at Hampden at the end of last season.

He chose not to renew his contract in the capital and has been without a club since that May appearance at the national stadium.

Beattie, a substitute in the final, spent the last months of last season with the Jambos after being released from his contract at Swansea in January of this year.

He made his Hearts debut as a substitute at Ibrox, helping to turn the game in his side's favour in a match that also saw Black hit the net.

Beattie went on to score three times in nine appearances for Hearts, including an injury time penalty against Celtic that took them to that final showdown with Hibs.

It's fantastic that two high profile players would choose to come and train with Rangers when Third Division football is on the agenda and Chief Executive Charles Green says that speaks volumes for Ally McCoist.

He said: "I think it's testimony to the manager. Rangers is a name but it's also the manager that the players want to come and play for.

"I think people within Rangers have seen first-hand what Ally has had to do since February but the reality is the players who are looking to join the club have seen it from the outside and I think that's recognition of what Ally has done to keep the club together."

Link with some pictures:

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2858957

Isn't it good to actually be talking about potential signings and players staying on, it actually feels as though we are making progress to getting back to playing football. This makes a refreshing change. Probably the best I have felt in while today to be honest.