Two new players at Auchenhowie: Beattie and Black

DEAN SHIELS and Steve Jennings are set to join Ally McCoist’s Rangers revolution.

The duo are on the manager’s wishlist as the Light Blues prepare for life in the Third Division.

Express Sport understands ex-Kilmarnock star Shiels and former Motherwell midfielder Jennings, both 27, are mulling over offers.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/335095

Kevin Kyle whoring himself about trying to get a move to Rangers. I am sure a few players agents will be on the phone.

After seeing his former team-mate Ian Black agree to join Rangers, if the Glasgow team are given SFA membership to compete in Division Three, Kyle said that linking up with Ally McCoist is something he would be interested in.

He added in his Daily Mail interview: “The physio I am working with knows a few people in football and I asked him if he could get an agent pal to speak to Rangers for me.

“I wouldn’t cost the earth and, at the same time, Ally McCoist would know what he was getting. I would certainly be more than capable of doing a job for them and it might not be as stressful on my body playing in the Third Division.

“I’ve heard nothing back but it’s something I might pursue if nothing happens at St Johnstone.”

I wouldn't be that bothered about Kyle's age because he's a few years younger than Jig.

The major reason I wouldn't want Kyle is that he only played the first half of the 10/11 season after signing for Hearts 2 years ago. He suffered a serious hip injury in that first season which resulted in him having two operations and he didn't play a single game for Hearts last season before getting released from his contract.

The last thing we need is to be throwing money away by employing a player knowing that his career is probably finished because of injury and operations. It's different with younger players who can go on to fully recover from a bad series of injuries which makes the good ones worth holding onto and supporting, but with players over 30 it's a waste of money.