SFA Membership close

Journalists usually understand how to make up a story out of "next to nothing" and sell it to their editors and the audience. Hence, they understand quite a lot of things, not least those circling within their heads. And what circles within their heads is - more often than not these days - not exactly true or based on fact.

I generally assume that no such motives drives genuine supporters of the club.

Understands is merely a caveat it's being used in this instance for exactly the same reasons newspapers use it, as cover your arse.

The devil is in the deatail.

like the spelling? :P (sorry, no offence, just found the misspelling of detail ironic given the context ;) )

I still cannot fathom how the SPL have any claim on Rangers media rights?! Will be great news to have it resolved, but I do fear at what cost...

Understands is merely a caveat it's being used in this instance for exactly the same reasons newspapers use it, as cover your arse.

His, not mine.

BTW, ... the word is:

SPL have bought the rights off the SFL - can now sell complete package.

like the spelling? :P (sorry, no offence, just found the misspelling of detail ironic given the context ;) )

I still cannot fathom how the SPL have any claim on Rangers media rights?! Will be great news to have it resolved, but I do fear at what cost...

I did change it as soon as I put it up. You beat me to it :grin:

I think the point is that there is a legitimate use to cover your arse in case you end up getting the wrong end of the stick, compared to completely making up a story that has a tenuous relationship to the truth to further your agenda - be it to disparage a party or to sell newspapers, and using it as a get out clause.

Which is which and to what degree is subjective, but the distinction is worth pointing out.

Yeah, but there's a difference between someone trying to pass on information for no personal gain (as in the VBs' statement) and a journalist using "understands" to present unsubstantiated evidence in order to sensationalise a story.

Either the VBs are right or they're wrong in what they understand. They're not trying to insinuate anything or alter anyone's opinion.