Transfer thread - OFFICIAL!! David Templeton signs 4 year deal

FRAN SANDAZA will jet into Scotland today for signing talks with Rangers boss Ally McCoist.

The Spaniard is likely to turn down an offer from Hercules in his homeland to sign a four-year deal at Ibrox.

SunSport revealed three weeks ago that McCoist had rekindled his interest and a deal was put on the table over the weekend for the 27-year-old.

Sandaza is a free agent after leaving St Johnstone at the end of last season and has had offers from Spain, Belgium, Turkey and Ukraine.

McCoist is set to beat off that interest to land the forward he has targeted to spearhead Rangersâ?? rise back through the leagues.

The Light Blues had initially offered Sandaza a three-year contract, but have added another 12 months to the deal after Hercules made their interest known in the man who hit 18 goals for Saints last seasonand helped fire the Perth side into Europe.

He first came to Scotland in 2008 to sign for Dundee United following a successful spell with Valenciaâ??s B side â?? but after a good first season struggled with injury.

And with Rangersâ?? signing embargo lifted until the end of the month, McCoist appears to have won the race for his signature.

Out of the 3 strikers we have been linked with I'd prefer if we signed Craig Beattie

He's a life long fan will score goals and put in a decent shift

Sandaza knocked us back twice last year if reports are to be believed claiming money on offer was an insult, so why now come when we are in 3rd division unless we are throwing silly money at him.

Kyle although decent and probably more than capable of doing a job throwing a deal at someone his age and with his fitness issues isn't the way to go imo

Out of the 3 strikers we have been linked with I'd prefer if we signed Craig Beattie

He's a life long fan will score goals and put in a decent shift

Sandaza knocked us back twice last year if reports are to be believed claiming money on offer was an insult, so why now come when we are in 3rd division unless we are throwing silly money at him.

Kyle although decent and probably more than capable of doing a job throwing a deal at someone his age and with his fitness issues isn't the way to go imo

Everybody we dealt with last year called Rangers offers a insult practically so I think you can firmly lay the blame for that one at Whyte's feet.

Everybody we dealt with last year called Rangers offers a insult practically so I think you can firmly lay the blame for that one at Whyte's feet.

Not disputing that mate but Sandaza was fairly vocal in his disgust at what was offered

My point is I'd rather we spent what little money we have on a player who would burst a gut and wants to play for us than someone who is just happy to see £'s signs.

what happens if a year from now Sandaza goes in a huff and wants out we are stuck with no option of replacing him. ( I know it could happen with anyone but less likely if player has club at heart imo)

Any news on Sebo? ;)

Re Sandaza ... I wouldn't be surprised if we offered him a deal not much better than what he was at St. Johnstone. And if we care to remember that we stuffed greedy Whittaker's purse (at least for a time) with what 20odd k a week, you wouldn't be surprised with Fran being "upset".

Why exactly was his contract at European dream-chasers Saints not extended?