Transfer thread - OFFICIAL!! David Templeton signs 4 year deal

Scott Burns ‏@ScottBurns75

I am told there is around £100k difference between the valuations of #hearts and #rangers for McGowan and Templeton. Could still happen.

If it's just £100k then it should happen. However, we may get agreement to talk to the platyers late in the day only for them to knock back Div 3.

Both are just 23 and although they could have a very successful career with us I wonder if they'll see Div 3 as a good move at this stage of their careers.

I think now that Hearts are out of Europe, the like of Templeton & McGowan will have a tricky decision to make (if fees can be agreed).

If its exposure they want in order to get a bigger move else where, I would say that they are still going to get far more in a Div 3 Rangers team than an SPL Hearts team.

I think Templeton would be an excellent addition to the team (always used to buy him in FM...)

Well, that's a new one to me ...

ALLY McCOISTâ??S moves to rebuild Rangers have been thrown into chaos by rules forbidding SFL clubs from signing too many senior players.

Rangers have been caught in a red tape wrangle that could ruin their chances of significantly strengthening their squad before the transfer window closes tonight.

An SFL rule, in place for at least a decade, prevents its member clubs from registering more than 22 players aged over 21 in a bid to encourage youth development throughout the lower leagues.

To add to Ibrox woes, up to five senior players, including Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker, Allan McGregor and Kyle Lafferty, are still officially registered to the club even though theyâ??ve moved.

Rangers have kept them on their books as they try to gain support from FIFA to win transfer fees for them. That could restrict McCoistâ??s plans to add up to six senior players to his pool before the club is banned from transfer dealings for a year.

He hopes to sign David Templeton, German Michael Fink and Swedish striker Daniel Larsson but could be denied by the rules

I wonder how many of our current 41 players (plus the old hand not being "released" acording to the above) are older than 21. Looks like we'll have to let the old people go to move forward ...

brian mclauchlin‏@BBCBMcLauchlin

Hearts have turned down offers from Rangers for Templeton and McGowan The offer made combined was less than £1 million.@bbcscotland

That just seems to be the same information that Scott Burns tweeted last night. He seems a bit behind things.