Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

If my memory is right the last Rangers manager to want his squad back in the afternoon was run out of town by the Ferguson/Boyd posse. I find it utterly crazy that any Pro doesn't get back out there in the afternoon to work on their ball skills more.

You said it to him last week. And whenever anyone disagrees with you your natural response is "dont reply to me as I dont care what you say and dont want to hear it". You may not think that, but it is your standard response.

I dont think because it's not true. So you have the stats to show this is what i say all the time? Total crap, your backing up a member of the clique and dont have the balls just to admit it.

Like Falkirk? Norwich? Celtic under Mowbray or Burns?

You're just coming out with the same old stuff all the time that just doesn't make much sense.

You can play to win and that can be ugly or aesthetic and if you succeed you win.

You can play to look good and if you succeed you'll look good, but that does not mean you'll win. Playing "nice" football does not win games - there is no cause and effect there.

The Harlem Globe trotters are probably great players but I doubt they'd win the NBA. They don't have a team trying to stop them playing for every second of the game.

I doubt you've ever played competitive football, as it will be rare to get a team who goes out just to "look good". Most players want to play good football but when they get into the game it's not that easy and I doubt you'll go along to your local park to enjoy the beautiful game on display.

It's this kind of attitude that stops the crowd getting behind the team and helping them win.

I'd rather the manager worked out the best way for the team to win, rather than the best way to look good.

This is very true, when i was about fifteen i could do things with a football that even the great Davie Cooper could have copied. Unfortunately when i got into a competitive game i played like Tommy Cooper.

I dont think because it's not true. So you have the stats to show this is what i say all the time? Total crap, your backing up a member of the clique and dont have the balls just to admit it.

For the last time, stop suggesting there is a clique in here. For proof there isnt go and take a look at yesterday's postings and you will find that calscot was also asked to refrain from posting personal insults. Would someone protecting a clique really do that ?

So, stop.

you forgot the long ball and the one pass/no pass passing sequence. no fluidity, no skill, no guile, no excitement, no pace. the same mistakes and the same negative and turn off football we had last year and the year before, the year before and the year before. i was desperate to get 4 season books this season for myself and my family, ally has just saved me a fortune.

You left out probably the most glaring"NO" "No Imagination"

So in that case, it doesn't really matter who the manager is; half the players won't try a leg irrespective of the manager's identity.

If so, it makes not a jot of difference if McCoist stays or goes.

Well, that's not what I said and more importantly, I think McCoist deserves the chance to stay with the backing of the club and fans.

I think we should only be talking about replacing the manager if he fails to win the 3rd Division league title this year. If he and his team win it, he should then get the chance to win the 2nd Division league title in the 2013/14 season and so on... That just seems like common sense to me.

winning the 3rd should be ranked alongside avoiding relegation in the SPL. he wil need to do better than that to impress me.

He'll need to do better than that to impress me too, but assuming he wins the 3rd, then it's only fair to say he deserves a crack at the 2nd, then the 1st if all goes well. Obviously there's a pretty good chance that league reconstruction will take place in the not too distant future, so it's unclear at the moment as to what our exact path back to the Scottish top flight will be, but if Ally can get us there without losing a league title, then he'll deserve to stay on and have a crack at the SPL.