Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I've seen super play midfield many times he was a good passer good on the ball with a good touch. good pace as well.

the notion he couldn't play was a tarrier myth.

may i ask what age you are? i do not recall any of those things and i am well into my 30's. ally was my hero but only because he scored loads of goals bot because he could play football.

Billy Davies , is that the best that can be put forward , jesus wept , and to back up gunslinger McCoist did indeed play midfield for spells when he first came to us

I'm 37 and I remember it well. he was young. I've seen it said that the biggest secret super had was how good a player he really was.

never a truer word spoken imho.

i am a couple of years younger and dont recall ally being a good footballer just an incredible striker.

I can't speak highly enough of McInnis. gets players playing football, gets the best out of them, understands the balance required and has worked wonders in his last two jobs.

out of our league mate literally. we missed that boat when walter walked.

I agree with ome of what is being said about McCoist needing to try and develop his own system and going to what he says is an xciting brand of football for the fans. Some folk seem to be slaughtering him as he has been in the job for over a year and we dont have any evidence of such - but the changes that he has had to deal with MUST play a factor. Looking back at last season, the squad we have was tight at the time....but compared to what we have now it seems a bit of a dream. The situation we are in isnt great and we knew this prior to the kick off. We have had no pre-season, players in squad a matter of days after joining the club, youth players having to adapt to gametime in the 1st team, the continual uncertainty and dis-interest from certain players......when you read those, and trying not to make excuses, its no suprise that we are having trouble.

I have wanted more than everfor us to develop our own brand of football but for years we have bought players to plug holes due to a small squad and often had to move players about. It is time this was finished and we made a fresh start and develop a new approach. Could a strong Director of Football play this part in the reveolution of Rangers???

The worrying area of the team for me is the midfield. It creates next to nothing. Today we had two 17 year olds plus Ian Black & Lee McCulloch. I'm sorry but I think that MF would struggle in any division. Big Jig simply hasn't the mobility to play there anymore and youngsters will be inconsistent. We needs a couple of midfielders and a winger ASAP.Problem is who and are they of good enough quality.

I agree with ome of what is being said about McCoist needing to try and develop his own system and going to what he says is an xciting brand of football for the fans. Some folk seem to be slaughtering him as he has been in the job for over a year and we dont have any evidence of such - but the changes that he has had to deal with MUST play a factor. Looking back at last season, the squad we have was tight at the time....but compared to what we have now it seems a bit of a dream. The situation we are in isnt great and we knew this prior to the kick off. We have had no pre-season, players in squad a matter of days after joining the club, youth players having to adapt to gametime in the 1st team, the continual uncertainty and dis-interest from certain players......when you read those, and trying not to make excuses, its no suprise that we are having trouble.

I have wanted more than everfor us to develop our own brand of football but for years we have bought players to plug holes due to a small squad and often had to move players about. It is time this was finished and we made a fresh start and develop a new approach. Could a strong Director of Football play this part in the reveolution of Rangers???

i think we need total football revamp, a director of football as you say, a new head of youth development and a few proper first team coaches. also a proper scouting team in place is needed looking for the right type of player.

The worrying area of the team for me is the midfield. It creates next to nothing. Today we had two 17 year olds plus Ian Black & Lee McCulloch. I'm sorry but I think that MF would struggle in any division. Big Jig simply hasn't the mobility to play there anymore and youngsters will be inconsistent. We needs a couple of midfielders and a winger ASAP.Problem is who and are they of good enough quality.

the midfield was embarassing yes but the same can be said of the defence who were all over the place and a strike force who didnt look interested which is worrying. there was no plan and no organisation, and if there is no plan a then there is certainly no plan b when things dont go to plan!