Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Said it before and I'll say it again, we're seriously short in midfield. We needed another couple and couldn't believe we didn't bring them in during transfer window. What if Ian Black gets injured ? we'll be in real trouble then as I don't think playing Jig there is an option any longer as he's clearly lost a bit of pace (not that he had too much to begin with)

Said it before and I'll say it again, we're seriously short in midfield. We needed another couple and couldn't believe we didn't bring them in during transfer window. What if Ian Black gets injured ? we'll be in real trouble then as I don't think playing Jig there is an option any longer as he's clearly lost a bit of pace (not that he had too much to begin with)

Don't forget Hutton is still to come back and Wallace can move forward, but I agree we are a bit short.

ally wont even have to think twice about putting jig into midfield sadly.

He's not a manager but he's a club legend. He should be given the benefit of the doubt for a while longer yet. The players will take a while to get used to how Div 3 teams play. We're undefeated so far. ?

He's 'not a manager' but should be given the benefit of the doubt? :disgusted:

This is like John Greig being on the board, jobs for the boys even though the skills are clearly not there.

There goes your believability in one go. Go to jail and do not pass GO.:)

What's wrong with what he said?

The SPL is one of the worst leagues in the world, possibly on a par with the Conference.

And we're 3 divisions below that.

PS - If we were playing anything resembling proper football and there was some sort of long term plan in place I wouldn't really be that bothered about the results. But it's typical Rangers, short term goals with no idea what tomorrow brings

I actually disagree that the difference in standard is so big, and these players are playing for their lives. We will get used to that eventually and start winning. Messi like football I am afraid is light years away but that has been the fact for years.

And out comes the 'Messi/Barca/Brazil' flippant remark, deflecting the fact that most rugby teams would probably be ashamed to play as we go

Just reading the McCoist job thread....and whilst Ally has been spectacular for Rangers off the park in the last 12 months if you remove that is he still the man for the job? Are people who want him to stay basing it on his good work off the field.

Ive been screaming for a year now that he needs a stronger Assistant and that might just make a manager out of him. Someone who can say "lets make a change now"...I personally think thats all he needs and he had Walter to do this when he was No.2 but now he doesnt have that authorative call.

We all saw some dodgy tactical stuff last season.....but as we had Admin over us Ally always had excuse. This season its his team and his players. And we should be winning Div 3 games.

Absolute legend and hero but we cant let sentiment get in the way...Its a must Rangers get promoted this season.

I hope it works out for him but Im having doubts.