Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I think there is a limit to how "fit" you can get any team. You can only train them so much. However, some people have more athletic ability than others. You can train as much as Bolt or Farah but that doesn't mean you will keep up with them. In any sport that requires athleticism, the best will be among the most athletic. Top teams are "fitter" as they have exceptional athletes with natural ability that surpasses everyone else.

Barcelona were presumably a lot "fitter" than our supposedly poor trained players under Walter, and yet they didn't seem to have a concept of how to make it tell. It took an illegal goal scored with an arm to break us.

You seem to vary your standards and your arguments to suit you...

that was barca pre pep.

I don't think that many businessmen will sack a manager who gets the required results. You are entitled to your viewpoint but you'll hopefully be aware that it's a pretty extreme one, and one I would bet a lot of money on you not applying to yourself.

Ally's task is to win the league, if he succeeds, his job is likely to be safe.

You don't berate a high jumper for clearing the bar but not doing it with enough margin or enough style. When you clear it, you have done what is required. What then happens is that the bar is raised - and this will happen for McCoist next season if he wins - and so on until it can go no higher.

Our aim isn't just to get out of this division, it is to get back to the top flight in the shortest time possible.

If we can only scrape SFL3 then how can the board be confident in Ally getting us the next two promotions required?

I don't think that many businessmen will sack a manager who gets the required results. You are entitled to your viewpoint but you'll hopefully be aware that it's a pretty extreme one, and one I would bet a lot of money on you not applying to yourself.

Ally's task is to win the league, if he succeeds, his job is likely to be safe.

You don't berate a high jumper for clearing the bar but not doing it with enough margin or enough style. When you clear it, you have done what is required. What then happens is that the bar is raised - and this will happen for McCoist next season if he wins - and so on until it can go no higher.

I disagree. Mr green will be well aware that season books are sold on the back of quality on the pitch.

This is a very messed up post. Bill Struth predicted bad times and advised us to be ready for it and preached "tolerance and sanity". As far as I can see the minimum standards expected on this forum is winning the league, what is your problem with that?

My problem is making excuses for not beating part timers.

Whether you want Ally sacked or not, I find it incredible people can say these results have been anything other than a disgrace.

I disagree. Mr green will be well aware that season books are sold on the back of quality on the pitch.

Yep, people already don't seem to be that up for mid week cup ties going by ticket sales, this will develop into league games and season tickets if this turgid stuff keeps up.

b411ca46741f9a43a0338b6571da4089_S.jpg

ALLY McCOIST insists his completely re-built team will come good on their travels after three disappointing draws in the opening five matches of SFL 3.

The manager revealed there was a team meeting to discuss the situation after the latest blow came in Saturdayâ??s goal-less draw at Annan.

However he remains confident that his new side will overcome the current difficulties in the weeks ahead.

He said: â??We had a meeting were views were aired and thatâ??s a good thing but there were no raised voices.

â??Everyone knows we have to turn our away draws into victories but there has to be a realisation that we are in a transitional period as a team and as a club.

â??There is no doubt about the places we are going to the opposition are having the time of their lives and rightly so.

â??These players are saying itâ??s the biggest game of their lives when they play Rangers so that in itself is a compliment to us.

â??We have to accept that and what we have to do is do better when we have the ball.

â??We all know the pressures of getting results at this football club no matter which competition we are in.

â??The flip side of the coin is that we have had three draws away from home so itâ??s not a disaster but I do accept we should be playing better with the ball away from home.

â??Iâ??m fully focused and certain that the results away from home will come but itâ??s not going to be an overnight fix.

â??You look at the team that played Celtic last season, none of them started at the weekend. We donâ??t have Jelavic, Naismith, Davis, Edu or any of these guys â?? they have moved on.

â??So we are going to need a bit of time. Having said that I do know that managers donâ??t get time. At the same time everyone has to have an appreciation of where the club is at the moment, but weâ??ll get there.â?

Tut tut who rattled your cage, and as for your other pop, Ally is doing a fine job of backing up my arguement for me. As for the name calling I'm not the one throwing about the names, myself and others are the ones getting called an Ally Basher and our support questioned just because we have the outrage of questioning a club legend.

That's the difference it seems between you and me I can separate Ally the legend from Ally the manager.

If you can't see the "Ally basher" comment was a tongue in cheek reference to the Ally lovers etc comments from others than frankly we can't help you.

No having a pop. You tried to suggest people get banned from here for merely holding a contrary opinion. You are one of a few posters on here who can't accept that posters get banned for abusing other posters and other such banned behaviours so once again it had to be brought to your attention.

No more trying to spin what has been said as that is it in black and white.

i'm sure bigger 'full time' teams from all over the world get beat by 'part timers' every season, look at the spanish, french and italian leagues to start with and i'm sure there will be some big upsets in there.

we can't keep expecting to get 20k+ for every cup game we play this season, not even some or most EPL teams get that so why should we and with the times are dates changing all the time for TV the fans are the last they think about as usual.