Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I can only think the reason Ally and the coaching team are still in place is due to money.

Rumour is Ally is on 20k p/w, so even if he only has a deal in place to the end of the season that would cost 650k+ whatever McDowall is on to fire them.

I get the feeling CG doesn't want to do anything which will make our finances look worse before the IPO. Also not to mention you would then have the cost to bring in a new coach on top of terminating Ally's deal.

I reckon they will give Ally till the end of the season regardless now.....which for me is not right but we will see.

I think it's obvious that money guys don't make rash decisions or knee jerk reactions. The make certain decisions and stick by them until they are proven to be wrong. They need a lot of proof.

The strange thing is that people think we can pay Ally off, bring another guy in and all our problems will be solved. What if the next guy is worse? What if he's just the same? What if he's only just a wee bit better?

It's a big financial risk to get rid of a manager, you better have good reason.

rangers losing to malmo, maribor, falkirk, inverness and queen of the south all in just over a year is now romantic. we have heard it all now. i cringe! never have i heard so much utter nonsense in all my years on this planet.

rangers losing to malmo, maribor, falkirk, inverness and queen of the south all in just over a year is now romantic. we have heard it all now. i cringe!

Brilliant!

Sadly, the romance of the Ramsdens Cup was not sufficient for plucky Div 3 Rangers, who proved no match for the mighty, table-topping Doonhamers.

I think it's obvious that money guys don't make rash decisions or knee jerk reactions. The make certain decisions and stick by them until they are proven to be wrong. They need a lot of proof.

The strange thing is that people think we can pay Ally off, bring another guy in and all our problems will be solved. What if the next guy is worse? What if he's just the same? What if he's only just a wee bit better?

Surley our team looking aimless, getting outplayed by the majority of the teams we play, the continual use of the long ball, players looking lost and getting humped 3-0 are good enough reasons?

Surley our team looking aimless' date=' getting outplayed by the majority of the teams we play, the continual use of the long ball, players looking lost and getting humped 3-0 are good enough reasons?[/quote']

not for uber fan calscot, he can see no wrong.

Surley our team looking aimless' date=' getting outplayed by the majority of the teams we play, the continual use of the long ball, players looking lost and getting humped 3-0 are good enough reasons?[/quote']

For you maybe - for Green, obviously not...

Hang about here. We can discuss this civilly or we can start trading insults if you want but go fuck yourself with the "Are we sure these eager apologists for failure are Rangers fans?" pish.

No one has 'low' standards, no one is accepting defeat or not hurting. Showing loyalty to someone does not make you a Tim particularly when that someone is the single greatest Rangers' player of our time.

Correct and the proof at the moment is on the park.

Brought in SPL quality players and have been struggling to get wins in SFL3 versus part timers.

Also this season is critical, at the start of the season the fans were 100% behind Ally and the team which season ticket sales proved....if performances keep going the way they are do you expect season tickets sales to be as strong next year? That is a risk, in my opinion, we can't afford to take for too long. Momentum is crucial if all the fans are going to keep buying season books.

Hang about here. We can discuss this civilly or we can start trading insults if you want but go fuck yourself with the "Are we sure these eager apologists for failure are Rangers fans?" pish.

No one has 'low' standards, no one is accepting defeat or not hurting. Showing loyalty to someone does not make you a Tim particularly when that someone is the single greatest Rangers' player of our time.

The other side can give it out as well.

yes they do and yes they are.

Edited by kuznetsov