Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

At the very least Green should sign a proper coach with no Rangers connections, ideally non-scottish that has a history of helping teams play progressive football. Ally can like it or lump it.

He would probably get someone from Yorkshire.

The bottom line is that winning or losing wouldn't matter if we were playing with style and purpose, and giving young talent from Auchenhowie more of a chance.

But we aren't. We play with an immobile, over the hill, target man with no pace or flair (be it McCulloch or Kyle), and most of the time leave them isolated with no player within 30 yards. We play a player in the twilight of his career in midfield (Black), often at the expense of young up and coming talent in Hutton, McKay, Aird, Naismith, et al, and then when we do give these young players a chance we sub them and move the immobile striker back into their position.

We play a 30+ centre half in Emilson ahead of young players in Hegarty or Cole or any other young player we have, and Emilson hasn't proven to be any better than the young players mentioned.

Tactically we play with no width, while our entire team appear to want to take 2 or 3 touches too many before releasing the ball. Then, when things go wrong, we swap one immobile target man for another, inevitably take off one of the young players who've played well, and leave the 30+ year olds on the park to play at a pedestrian pace and with no urgency.

Anyone who can't see that is blind, and anyone who tolerates Ally tolerating this guff week in week out doesn't have the best interests of Rangers at heart.

Ally is a legend, and we all want him to succeed, but time and time again he comes up well short as a manager, and he isn't showing any glimpses of improvement.

I disagree. No one I've read is suggesting everything in the garden is rosy, we're only disagreeing on what should be done about it.

the lengths some are going to defend and excuse such obvious mediocrity speaks volumes for that persons mentality. i am stunned that anyone would want to continue as we are.

How could you possibly know whether there are non-Rangers fans on here? (Note I said non-Rangers fans, not Tims; only you mentioned Tims.) Do you have a vouching system in place? You can't have; no-one on here knows me for a start.

I'm willing to accept that the people on Gersnet are bluenoses, even the ones I strongly disagree with on a number of subjects. If you want to start the 'sniff sniff' stuff on anyone you disagree with then you might be on the wrong site.

This "We're only a wee Div 3 team and poor Ally is still learning" is more akin to the Tartan Army than Rangers.

You just made that quote up though, no one on this thread has said that.

I'll just go and fuck myself now, as instructed.

Great, which position?

He complains to the mods about others, yet there are no posters worse than him for the language he uses.

I've complained to the mods about one poster once and I didn't do it in secret. I'll tone my language down for you in future.

the lengths some are going to defend and excuse such obvious mediocrity speaks volumes for that persons mentality. i am stunned that anyone would want to continue as we are.

We all want improvement, we only disagree on how to achieve it. There is a difference between understanding the reasons for something and defending them.