Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

The wee bigot's been managing them for twice as long as Ally and hasn't had any of the turmoil our club's been through to deal with! Not only that, but he's had three years in the hot seat over there and still hasn't got them playing consistent in any way shape or form. His players turn up and play well when it suits them. They defend for their lives against big clubs in Europe just like we did and have got some good results, but then they play poorly the next week against a relatively poor Scottish team. They're bloody lucky Arbroath didn't put them out of the Scottish Cup!!

agreed they have many of the same issues we have and thats why their fans arent convinced.

I don't know who their scouts are, but I can't believe a Rangers fan would rather have TLB managing us than Ally, that's just not on. Poor show kuznetsov! :td:

i hate the bigoted c*nt but i am honest enough to say i think he is a better manager than ours. sorry mate, its just my opinion. perhaps thats an indication of how sick i am of ally. i am begining to dislike him as a person now and i never wanted that to happen. he was my hero growing up. an absolute unarguable legend but he is pissing me off no end right now. i am sick of this crap. i want to go and see my team again, my son wants to go and see rangers but no way will i go back as long as ally and his pals are in charge at my club.

Edited by kuznetsov

Its not as if this is just a few one offs, for the full time AM has been in charge these type of performances are becoming a habit. Its beginning to ruin players and then fans will get on individuals backs. At this time we should be building for the future and playing in a style that sets us up for the next 5 years. If there was progress on the eye then the odd draw would be accepted but under current lack of tactics it is not.

AM cant be a rookie, he was national assistant in a World cup qualifying campaign. He served his apprecticeship under Walter by taking charge of cup games. From Day 1 of being The Manager he had to step up to the plate.

Its still not having a strong No.2 that I see as the problem, I just dont rate Durrant as a coach / assistant one bit.

This league was a gimme and should have been used as a platform.

we need coaches who can take players and make them good players, we the need to take good players and make them better to improve their game to help them to become aware of the game on the park as it develops to see openings and create space we need people to make the football side of the club stronger because this wont do it looks like an attitude of were to good for this league and if that continues it will come back to bite them all none more so than the fans who have show great restraint this season

Its not as if this is just a few one offs, for the full time AM has been in charge these type of performances are becoming a habit. Its beginning to ruin players and then fans will get on individuals backs. At this time we should be building for the future and playing in a style that sets us up for the next 5 years. If there was progress on the eye then the odd draw would be accepted but under current lack of tactics it is not.

AM cant be a rookie, he was national assistant in a World cup qualifying campaign. He served his apprecticeship under Walter by taking charge of cup games. From Day 1 of being The Manager he had to step up to the plate.

Its still not having a strong No.2 that I see as the problem, I just dont rate Durrant as a coach / assistant one bit.

This league was a gimme and should have been used as a platform.

that started last year mate.

jelavic, fleck, mckay, celik, mcmillan, bedoya and stella to name a few

I think McCoist's making an arse of things, largely because his backroom team don't have the balls to point out he's making an arse of things.

However, he's also being let down badly by some of the 'senior' players. Shiels thinks he's too good or this level and prances about like he's Maradona at his peak playing in a pub league. Templeton thinks he should be playing for Barca, except at Barca they know how to pass a ball and make chances for team mates - Temps plays like he's a one man team. I don't like criticising Jig as he's staunch, but some of his diving and falling over is a disgrace and sets the wrong example. Black's clearly struggling but not sure whether its his attitude or not, and Cribari has been the same.

In reality Lee Wallace is the only senior player who's constantly shown his class this season. That's Ally's fault for the signings and not getting the best out of them, but the players also must be held to account. We said last season this opportunity might give Ally the chance to grow, unfortunately it's only highlighted his inadequacies.

Same shite different weekend. It's getting boring to moan about the same poor performance without seeing the slightest bit of improvement. The big question is, if Ally's not doing an adequate job which I think he isn't, who else is going to cut it?

Don't get me wrong, I love Coisty for the club legend he is and have nothing but respect for the man. I'd be happy to have him hanging out at Ibrox and Murray Park every single day, he's a superb representative of our great club. But he's no manager.

that started last year mate.

jelavic, fleck, mckay, celik, mcmillan, bedoya and stella to name a few

Fleck was nothin great. He's continued to be nothing great at Coventry. Feck know where the hype surrounding him came from. Celik? No one knows if he was good or not. Same with Bedoya. Same with Stella. McKay? Fuck knows what went on there. Jelavic moved to Everton so you can't really say McCoist ruined him.