Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

I couldn't give a fuck what colour strip we wear as a second strip,except green. I would question the minds of people who would link the OO to an orange strip,one thing is for sure it would be a massive earner for the club as they would sell huge amounts of the orange strip,which can only be good for the club,so why not have an orange strip?,just because some bigots don't like it?.

What the BHEASTS wear wouldn't bother me as I don't care about them,even if they do have orange in their strips and flags.

Edited by ian1964

Lifted from FF,a good post IMO:

Originally Posted by Number_Eight

Rangers is unique in the international football world. While other clubs pick and choose the colours for their change strips, Rangers has almost been banned from selecting one particularly stunning hue: orange.

The usual bigots and blowhards in the west of Scotland have decreed that orange, within the context of Rangers, is offensive. Should the club choose this colour, a political campaign against it, aided and abetted by a compliant media, will kick in automatically.

Even within the Rangers support, a fear exists that an orange jersey will somehow brand us as bigots.

This group wants Rangers to 'move on', but it's not moving on at all: it's running away.

Some insist that Rangers should stick to red, white and blue, and yet they still want black to be a part of the first team kit. Is black an official Rangers colour? If it is, no-one ever quotes it.

Three cheers for the red, white and blue - and black?

The team turned out in black change shirts not so long ago. No-one objected. Most thought it was a good look and yet it wasn't red, white or blue, the 'official' club colours.

Interestingly, red only seems to have been added as an official colour in fairly recent times. In the pre-Souness era the club's colours were always listed as blue and white - red wasn't mentioned.

Rangers even had lilac jerseys in the past and there were no serious objections. When blue and orange stripes were used in a previous change strip, it was a popular choice.

This was before the fascistic anti-sectarian agenda seriously kicked in, but when the club adopted an orange jersey some years later, it provoked a hue and cry from entrenched bigots and narrow-minded Rangers-hating zealots.

Since then, the club has steered well clear of orange. This, however, was during an era when the club was spineless but now, under Charles Green, we have someone seemingly unafraid to mix it with our enemies.

If an orange change jersey is likely to be a moneyspinner for Rangers, as it surely would be, it is an obvious choice for the club to make. Sales for our last orange jersey were reputed to have been around half a million.

Let's be quite clear. Rangers should be free to use whatever colours they want. It's no-one else's business how the Rangers team is kitted out.

It doesn't trouble me when the Celtic team resembles a sea of Irish tricolours or shamrocks. Their look is their business - and our look is our business.

I'd like to see the orange jersey as our permanent first-choice change strip, and for historical reasons.

It is undeniable that Rangers has flourished due to decades of unstinting support from the Protestant communities of the West of Scotland and Northern Ireland.

The whole world recognises Catholic links to Celtic, and Protestant affinity towards Rangers is hardly a secret.

It's time now for Rangers to publicly recognise the debt that it owes to the Protestant community, and an orange shirt is a respectful nod in this direction.

Instead of running away from our history and wishing that it was somehow different, it's time to recognise it and acknowledge it.

This isn't about the Orange Order, it's about the broad Protestant constituency that followed Rangers because Rangers was the club that reflected its identity more than any other.

We weren't founded as a bastion of Protestantism, but that's what we became, and this cultural aspect to our past is unashamedly valid and wholly relevant to the club that we are today.

If we want to mark the club's links to the Protestant community, and I believe we should, adopting an orange change shirt is an appropriate way to do so.

We won't 'move on' by denying the past, but we will if we embrace it, accept it and understand it.

Rangers is as open to all as it is possible to be, but that doesn't mean that we should look back with regret or shame on those days when the world was different.

Celebrate the past - don't run from it.

Only then can the club truly 'move on'.

If CG thinks an orange strip will sell in great numbers then one will be brought out. Makes commercial sense whether anyone likes it or not.

That's the bottom line.

But... I think bringing out an Orange strip indicates that CG is interested in short term profit rather than the long term good of the club. He's courting controversy and providing ammo for the anti-Rangers, in order to shift more merchandise.

The only reason for bringing out an orange strip is to cash in on our historical connection with the OO. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themself on. I'm not going to slag off any one else's beliefs, but there's no need to link our club with any political ot religious organisation. It's against FIFA and UEFA's policy and I think we're really going to need them on our side in the near future. Why stir up a hornets nest?

Good points all round on here but to refer to the OP, you have to ask why fans in NI specifically asked about an orange strip. Why not banana yellow or salmon pink? They're flashy colours also...

At the end of the day they asked because they feel that their Orange heritage is intrinsically linked with their connection with Rangers. Fair doos but is that a good enough reason to bring out a strip that pays tribute to one section of our fanbase? I genuinely still think this isnt about a colour, it's about context

And anyone justifying an orange strip to just "get it up them". Feek that. We should never do anything to just get it up them. Anything we do should be about us and for us

Good points all round on here but to refer to the OP' date=' you have to ask why fans in NI specifically asked about an orange strip. Why not banana yellow or salmon pink? They're flashy colours also...

At the end of the day they asked because they feel that their Orange heritage is intrinsically linked with their connection with Rangers. Fair doos but is that a good enough reason to bring out a strip that pays tribute to one section of our fanbase? I genuinely still think this isnt about a colour, it's about context

And anyone justifying an orange strip to just "get it up them". Feek that. We should never do anything to just get it up them. Anything we do should be about us and for us[/quote']

The fans in Belfast weren't the first to ask about an orange strip.

Green mentioned it a few weeks back.