Union Bears Statement - Boycott

Charles Green stated at a meeting with fans groups (I think it was the one the night before the RST AGM) that he is not in favour of boycotts. It'll take massive persuasion on behalf of the fans to get him to change his mind and I'm not sure the fans are together on this one. Future League games yes but we share the gate here so we are potentially doing the Club out of money and I think the team needs our support. I have to say I'm a bit torn here.

Guest DietofWorms

As i've said elsewhere...we should reject tannadice tickets for the 'charging Rangers fans twice' scandal a couple of seasons ago, never mind uniteds recent scumbag behaviour of sporting integrity and wanting us dead.

Our response is very important to this. The club should reject our allocation completely.

Are sky sports going to show the game live ? if so then a boycott would be worth more than just refusing to give them money .

Gets it out there, and people talking about the way our club was treated by this corrupt cable. that united where at the center of.

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

Are sky sports going to show the game live ? if so then a boycott would be worth more than just refusing to give them money .

Gets it out there, and people talking about the way our club was treated by this corrupt cable. that united where at the center off.

I'd expect Sky to choose the game, but not announced this soon.

It is imperative that this game is boycotted. We must stand up & show these people we mean what we say.

I do not think we have a squad capable of going all the way in the Scottish Cup and will not have until we can add to squad so that may be another reason to consider boycotting.

The Blue Order - stance on Dundee Utd match

Following the Scottish Cup draw versus Dundee United at Tannadice Park, The Blue Order will not be travelling to this match.

Dundee United (and their chairman) were, in our opinion, one of the chief driving forces trying to kill Rangers off in the summer. To that end, we will not give them a penny of our money - and urge the club and all of the Rangers support to unite and do the same.

Whilst we understand and appreciate the conflict - support the fan versus the right thing to do for our club - our view is that the right thing is not to fund those who tried to kill us.

VB reiterates its call for a boycottpdf_button.pngprintButton.pngemailButton.png Written by Admin Monday, 03 December 2012 14:27 Following today's Scottish Cup draw which paired Rangers with Dundee United at Tannadice, Vanguard Bears urges its members and the wider Rangers support in general to boycott the match.

Dundee United were one of those clubs who voted against allowing Rangers entry to the SPL, and their Chairman Stephen Thompson has repeatedly, through his actions at high powered meetings, intimated further punishment to be administered on our club.

The Rangers support has waited patiently for the opportunity to send a clear message to those that tried to destroy our club - starve them of their much needed cash by boycotting the game scheduled for 2nd/3rd February.

We are at war. In battle, often sacrifices must be made to ensure the long term war is won.

We ask the support to resist temptation of attending the game but rather give your hard-earned cash to a Rangers friendly pub, bar or club.

Admin

I for one doubt that our CEO or the club as such will openly support a boycott. Not because they are against it, but because there might be legal issues or further trouble with the authorities. I also see no reason for the club to support the boycott as such. We know what was going on, the club has stated it often enough too. No-one can force the club to take up the allocation or ask the support to go there. If we don't by tickets, we simply don't buy tickets. Same happened yesterday.