Gers open talks with Daly

Miller should never have been sold and if was going to be brought back a 3rd time it should have been wrapped up in January 2012 instead of signing Celik and Ortiz. He still had it then back after his move to Canada as Gav says its taken a gear or 2 off him and he isnt the still player. I still think he'd do a job for us though and would be more mobile than McCulloch upfront. Id take him if the deal was right.

Id rather Nacho Novo back though. Thats one id be chasing if I was Ally.

Miller should never have been sold and if was going to be brought back a 3rd time it should have been wrapped up in January 2012 instead of signing Celik and Ortiz. He still had it then back after his move to Canada as Gav says its taken a gear or 2 off him and he isnt the still player. I still think he'd do a job for us though and would be more mobile than McCulloch upfront. Id take him if the deal was right.

Id rather Nacho Novo back though. Thats one id be chasing if I was Ally.

Nacho Novo...Kenny Miller... who's next? Prso? Kevin Drinkell? FFS, let's show more imagination than just churning out the same old names.

for def.......if we keep going back the way in our signings by the time we make it back to the top we will have to spend millions fixing the team again.

I'm all for having some experienced heads around the place. But we have that already in McCulloch and Alexander if McCoist wants more then McCulloch and Alexander should be moved on.

Also I don't see the benefit of Miller as an experienced head he runs about a lot but he was never particularly creative in either spell at Rangers

for def.......if we keep going back the way in our signings by the time we make it back to the top we will have to spend millions fixing the team again.

I'm all for having some experienced heads around the place. But we have that already in McCulloch and Alexander if McCoist wants more then McCulloch and Alexander should be moved on.

Also I don't see the benefit of Miller as an experienced head he runs about a lot but he was never particularly creative in either spell at Rangers

Agreed. I remember a few years back when Wattie was in charge, there was speculation about Adam La Fondre at Rotheram (I think) . He was going to cost 300,00 and had a scored a ton of goals in the lower leagues. He ended up at Reading and despite being a sub for much of the time he has scored goals in the EPL. Anyway...these guys are out of our league at the mo but IMO there are gems out there. It just needs a manager/scout with an eye for a player. What do we have? A scouting system that involves reading Rangers annuals from yesteryear. Stop looking back FFS. It's short termism at it's very worst and we seem to be the Kings of that particular kingdom....

I would question the wisdom of trying to bring in South or Central Americans historically players from these countries haven't done well in Scotland.

Daly could well do a job at Rangers and I dare say score a few goals. But he would be another short term fix and in 2 years when we are likely to be back in the SPL we would be looking to replace him. We need to look longer term

I am not an expert in Daly as I never watch DU but does this not mean that Ally is setting up for a long ball game.:frown:

I am not an expert in Daly as I never watch DU but does this not mean that Ally is setting up for a long ball game.:frown:

....but, but. but you have to play that way on these pesky div3 pitches....;) someone should tell that to the other div3 teams!!!

Ally's grand vision for the future, is a new & improved long ball game - his plan is for the lone striker to actually get the ball at some point.

A bit off topic. I think Ally sets his team up similar to the way Rangers played when he was there with Mark Hateley up front. I also think he's tried to replicate that with McCulloch and Shiels eg. ball into McCulloch lays off for Shiels etc...

The only problem with that is that football has moved on so much since then it doesn't work anymore.